What's new

My first complaint about Fasttech, and I might be wrong...

JulesCT

Postman
Overall FASTTECH have been excellent and I hold them in high esteem. I have recommended them to several people that I have helped get off the evil weed. Sure, items take a bit longer to arrive but in exchange you get great prices, a great range and tracking of the dispatched items. Previously their tracking interface was a pile of spanners but it has improved and is now vaguely useful.

HOWEVER... and please tell me if I am asking too much....

Am I wrong in thinking that when the local delivery company admits they have lost the package that the supplier should bear the burden, satisfy the customer and then seek reparations from the couriers without further inconvenience to the customer? It has always been my experience with all other online suppliers. Have I just been spoilt?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my email to inform them of my findings after they asked me to check with the local post office.

"Spoke with the local post office, their systems still show it as not having left the Heathrow hub, they suggested I speak with their International Team Customer service
Spoke with Royal Mail, International Team on 0345 774 0740 (probably international +44 345 774 0740)
and they say that it arrived on the 13th July (now 12th August) as the logs attached show us.
However the item has not been scanned since so they would class this as LOST, their words.
Royal Mail do not inform senders or recipients automatically of lost items but instead request that the sender submit a claim to the Royal Mail through the regular channels at the expediting country.
Royal Mail also say that the sender would know how to do this.

I hope this tallies with what you have and that you can arrange for a new item to be sent out in its place."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was their well written but annoying email.
"We can understand your situation. As you may know, we cannot control the shipping status of the package. So we need the carrier to investigate it and provide us result, as well as compensation if necessary.

Please kindly note that registered postal mail doesn't provide definite delivery time and the transit time quoted in checkout is an average and typical time frame. Sometimes the package can be delivered earlier than the time frame showing in checkout. The package may be just stuck on the way occasionally and will be updated a few days later.

Hope you can understand. Thank you."
Here was my slightly annoyed response

"I understand, I just disagree and my opinion is that you are providing less than the standard of customer service I have come to expect from a long distance vendor.

Most of what you say is correct. However I am no longer querying the delivery time which you imply. As you requested I have done my local research, liaised with the local postal service here, escalated to the international team, ascertained the situation, given you the information (screenshots included), and given you the contact information for you to confirm my findings. The package appears not to be delayed, it appears that it is lost. Agreed, that as a vendor you do not control the shipping status, but having sold it to me (including the shipping), you are responsible for it. It failed, thus the onus is on you, the vendor, who sold me that service to make amends.

We shouldn't even be having this discussion in my opinion. Every long distance vendor that I have ever used since 1995, (ebay sellers, amazon, getthelabel, hp, rueducommerce, etc etc etc) would have already dispatched a replacement unit. This is not a first time occurrence.

I just find it surprising to be told from my vendor, that, essentially "despite all the evidence you have provided, that we asked you seek out, and which overwhelmingly shows the package is LOST, we are still going to do our own investigation from here and when it is resolved and we are reimbursed then we will do something." Or did I miss something?"

What do you think? Fasttech failure or just a sense of humour failure on my part?

hopefully you paid with paypal? if you did tell them you are going to make a claim for your money back, thats usually enough to make them resend or if they dont , make the claim anyway

@JulesCT .So if you used the UKexpress shipping option then yes you should have definately received your goods. If however you used another shipping service ie Chinapost etc then it may well be that the item is just still stuck at heathrow. I once had a Chinapost item take over 3 months to arrive from fasttech. But it did arrive and out of a shitload of fasttech orders i have never had one go missing.
Your point and argument is a duel edged one, Fasttech did fullfill the order but someone else may have lost it so that is who should be refunding.
dealing with Chinese vendors is slightly different to a lot of others, there ways are different. I do agree that Fasttech should be doing more to get things sorted but my tip here is first have patience and 2nd just don't be rude etc to them and to just bite your tongue and be professional in your emails. Nothing pisses companies off more than aggressive, boisterous rude or nasty emails. I hope things get resolved for you soon, best of luck to you

Good point, I was perhaps a tad hasty. I think I am right that since they sold me their shipping (inclusive in price) I do have a case to hold them accountable. I used PayPal so I am not unduly worried about the money.

Imho youre asking too much and your messages are too verbose for Chinese vendors
Any company will do its own investigation into lost packages.
I've had the similar messages from FastTech on the few occasions things have gone missing and they've always either refunded or resent

Please do not copy & past email exchanges and add them to the forum (as per the rules).

In my experience with FT they do always sort problems but it can take time. They do seem to take as long as possible to give things a chance to turn up and remember english is not their first language so try and keep things as simple as possible, if they don't fully understand your emails you will just get another standard response which can be frustrating and delay things more!
Last problem I had with them took getting on for 3 months to sort, but they did sort it all out.
The 1 or 2 dollars extra for uk e packet delivery is worth it every time, can speed things up by a month if there are problems.
Patience is needed even when there are no problems ordering from china but they do sort things out in the end, and you do save a fortune!!

Imho youre asking too much and your messages are too verbose for Chinese vendors
Any company will do its own investigation into lost packages.
I've had the similar messages from FastTech on the few occasions things have gone missing and they've always either refunded or resent
Do not disagree with you. I was annoyed and my annoyance lead me to cold blooded formality and verbosity. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with...

I don't doubt their sincerity but I am still annoyed it is going to take so much longer to get my item because they have this procedure.

Back
Top Bottom