What's new

Has anyone seen this horrendousity?

Yes , it was on radio 4 a while back . No conclusive tests yet but I think the quote that summed it up was ....Lower quanties of the cancer causing chemicals on average .... And exactly what that means ...i aint sure .

yeah. Big Tobacco's answer to vaping :18:
Well, well, well, they finally got some sort of safer cigarette out of their bullshit-clogged pipeline
(see the following link for most notorious example of wjhat I mean by that : (http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Project_XA )

Even if it were in some way better than vaping, I surely wouldn't buy it, on principle.

Produced by the industry that would soner see millions die than face losing a lawsuit .

We had a fella in the shop a few weeks ago showing us this, developed by the Marlboro fella, I tried it and it felt, tasted just like a cigarette. The RRP for a starter kit was I think £70. My main problem with it was it was from a big tobacco company, companies that had slammed vaping from its conception. It just didn't sit right with me personally. And for the money people could buy a decent kit for that price.

It's got a Fifth Element kinda vibe to it, and not in a good way.

I love that film... think I'm gonna rewatch that tonight...

Might well work for those who can't get away with using e-cigs, or as the article mentions - for those for whom using a vaping device simply isn't practical. If it's not as harmful as smoking cigs then fair do's. Vaping isn't for everyone - for some it's not enough like smoking to work...for others it's too much of a faff on. Personally speaking the HnB concept would have been TOO much like smoking a cig to help me quit, as it would have been all too easy to slip back into the habit. The idea of holding a ciggie, inhaling on a ciggie etc seems alien after a year+ of vaping and so imo I'm less likely to slip because I've managed to distance myself so much from the original habit/practice of smoking.
But different strokes for different folks, if HnB reaches the smokers that standard e-cig devices cannot then surely that's a good thing?

Claims of lowered risk or health benefits for heat-not-burn tobacco products are based on industry-funded research, but reliable independent research is not available to support these claims.[4] No compelling evidence has been presented for the claims of lowered risk and health benefits for these products.[4] RIVM stated that heat-not-burn products appear to be less detrimental to health than traditional cigarettes.[5] There is not enough research to provide a balanced view on their detrimentalness.[5] Some scientists believe that heat-not-burn tobacco products to be as dangerous as traditional cigarettes.[4]

Carlos Jiménez, director of research on smoking at the Spanish Society of Pneumonology and Thoracic Surgery stated in 2017 that these products are still harmful.[7] Action on Smoking and Health stated in 2016 that due to "the tobacco industry's long record of deceit" regarding the health risks involving smoking, it is important to conduct independent studies into the health effects of these products.[8] Marketing slogans like "heat-not-burn" cannot be a substitute for science.

Back
Top Bottom