What's new

The New Plan for England (discussion)

jay2

Postman
I dunno if people notice the articles posted on this site (but outside the forum) much. I notice there's not much discussion on them. Maybe because you have to log in all over again with FB or whatever, and (don't know about you guys) I can't be arsed with that.

Also, sometimes I'd just like to click "like". But that isn't an option.

So, anyway, this pareticular article was such a breath of fresh air, I felt I just had to draw everybody's attention to it. But you wouldn't know what a breath of fresh air it is unless you persevered past the mid-point of the article. 'Cos the first few paras just reiterates what I read last week, verbatim IIRC, and I almost switched off.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/news/vaping-news/2017-07-31_the-new-plan-for-england.html

THIS is where it starts to get interesting:

... more support will be given to those choosing to vape. In particularly, the government plan to provide better information on the relative safety of ecigs and how well they work as a substitute for tobacco cigarettes. This is important given the large amount of misinformation that has bred huge levels of misunderstanding.

And the articles ends with...

“The evidence is increasingly clear that e-cigarettes are significantly less harmful to health than smoking tobacco. The government will seek to support consumers in stopping smoking and adopting the use of less harmful nicotine products.”

It is highly possible that ministers are embracing vaping due to its minimal cost to the NHS. The upside of this is that employers are being advised to allow vaping in the workplace, and enclosed open spaces (such as sports stadia) will be encouraged to rewrite their vaping policies.

Wow! I do sincerely hope this is right! What a turnaround! :woohoo:

It is good news. I agree wholeheartedly that vaping is at a pivotal point here.

I think this could be the point that people look back to and say: 'this was the moment when vaping started to solidly kick the ass off tobacco, and the vaping nay-sayers starting losing major ground as far as media/parliament/public opinion was concerned'

In the weekend just gone I wrote 2 mini-blogs myself...just because the news that I was hearing lifted my spirits and I wanted to pass on the good vaping vibes ;)
They're here if anyone cares to read them...but they're nowhere near as comprehensive as the one referenced in the original post...my take on the matter was more...'WOOOHOOO!!!' and somewhat less intellectual hehe
Good News Everyone!
MORE Good News Everyone!

What worries me is that this is the beginning of taxation, the beginning of governmental control and the loss of the free spirit of vaping, which to a large degree has remained intact through the whole TPD/TRPR thing.
I don't want to appear pessimistic, I have no evidence to suggest this will happen, I'm just trying to stay a couple of moves ahead.
On the surface of it, this is very encouraging though.

Don't the Dept of Health cover all of the UK?

Depends if the parish councils in Northern Ireland ,Scotland and Wales decide to enact on their powers or not . Hence varied drug , prescription and policy differentials already in place . Sometimes they follow , sometimes they dont .

Back
Top Bottom