What's new

Want to build a mod

I was thinking about using a step drill bit, however I wasn't sure if the buttom washer that holds the 510 tight against the box would be big enough to not fall through the hole. I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense lol

To countersink a 22mm 510 flat say 1mm you will need and end mill with a reduced shank or alike

22.25 mm is 7/8th there will be a tiny gap (some wise ass will tell you) but the width isn't the problem its the depth you need the metal to be true flat the end mill needs to be razor sharp and not skip plus you need the mill to line up with the hole you have already drilled for the Atty it's like patting your head whilst rubbing your tummy whilst talking to the wife and turning the telly over slowly, to deep and the Atty will be sunk so the top will scratch too shallow and it will leave a gap

other than that its a piece of piss:D

don't you just love mod making

edit the pressure on the top of the case will be very great so be careful of that also.... sorry

22.25 mm is 7/8th there will be a tiny gap (some wise ass will tell you) but the width isn't the problem its the depth you need the metal to be true flat the end mill needs to be razor sharp and not skip plus you need the mill to line up with the hole you have already drilled for the Atty it's like patting your head whilst rubbing your tummy whilst talking to the wife and turning the telly over slowly, to deep and the Atty will be sunk so the top will scratch too shallow and it will leave a gap

other than that its a piece of piss:D

don't you just love mod making

edit the pressure on the top of the case will be very great so be careful of that also.... sorry
Is there a easier way of doing it? like now I would rather just take it somewhere and pay to get it done lol

In short no

You could take to an engineering company but this is hand work not CNC milling

The operator needs to be skilled enough to do it by hand

You could use a pillar drill but the chuck will only go up to 13mm so you would need a 16mm chuck or collect chuck them you need to drill by eye 1mm tricky

Most people leave it on the top me includeded I do countersink some but it depends on how I feel.
But on a box mod the pressure in that place from the cutter is great if it skips or is blunt the case is scrap

The end cutting mill for a 22mm is about £50 quid

So in short leave it on the top and say bollocks unless it really niggles you

Back
Top Bottom