What's new

Will you pay £5.40 postage for eliquid and lithium batteries

stealthvape

Premium Vendor
Due to Royal Mail's new regulations with eliquid and batteries all restricted goods must be sent using their 'Tracked™' service. This will be a guaranteed next day delivery like special delivery and will be fully tracked, meaning that it will be logged and trackable at each point along the delivery route.

The thing is, it's expensive at £5.40 a pop

How about it?

personally shipping costs do affect who I spend my pennies with, but prices are going to have to go up to accommodate the new rules and if the items are the quality ones from trusted vendors such as yourself, then yes I would pay. It sucks that the new rules are putting so much pressure on small businesses in these hard times where every penny counts :(

Wow thats steep! Im even more concerned what will happen to the delivery charges after privatisation! :mad:

Delivery charges can sometimes be the deal breaker for me between vendors if the prices are relatively similiar. Just my 2 pence thrown in.........

Wow thats steep! Im even more concerned what will happen to the delivery charges after privatisation! :mad:

Delivery charges can sometimes be the deal breaker for me between vendors if the prices are relatively similiar. Just my 2 pence thrown in.........

the problem with what you are saying about deal breaker there is .. ALL VENDORS will have to pay 5.40 ... so theoretically ... there wont be much of a variation any longer

Due to Royal Mail's new regulations with eliquid and batteries all restricted goods must be sent using their 'Tracked™' service. This will be a guaranteed next day delivery like special delivery and will be fully tracked, meaning that it will be logged and trackable at each point along the delivery route.

The thing is, it's expensive at £5.40 a pop

How about it?

Ill just have to make sure I remember to order everything at once ... rather than checkout then go round and get the bits I forgot .. like I normally do!

Ill just have to make sure I remember to order everything at once ... rather than checkout then go round and get the bits I forgot .. like I normally do!

I think that's going to be the crux of it.

Planning well in advance and avoiding "impulse" purchases.

£5.40 shipping probably wouldn't bother me on say 50-100ml of juice, but would give me the raging camel for a 10ml bottle worth £4! :D

So that there is no confusion I think all vendors should have a warning for consumers buying batteries and liquids about the new regulations.

It has not been widely advertised about the new changes with Royal Mail and vendors will get the brunt of consumer dissatisfaction, not just for vaping supplies...
stealthvape, I second Purplefowler, with trusted vendors, when informed of the situation in advance and especially when asked our opinion it shows customer care...
There is no other option than 'collection' at a B&M, unfortunately not an option for me, so a higher delivery cost is what I shall pay ;)

One thing .. is this new edict Royal Mails greed? or is is coming down from the government in yet another effort to stop vaping ?

genuine question by the way

yo know what ... sometimes I wish it was back in the 80's again ... ffs .. Europe really is becoming a police state ... cant take a shit without proving its going in the same toilet of the house you ate in.

doing my swede in .. seriously thinking about life abroad

One thing .. is this new edict Royal Mails greed? or is is coming down from the government in yet another effort to stop vaping ?

genuine question by the way

yo know what ... sometimes I wish it was back in the 80's again ... ffs .. Europe really is becoming a police state ... cant take a shit without proving its going in the same toilet of the house you ate in.

doing my swede in .. seriously thinking about life abroad

the music would be fucking better as well

This is affecting many, I have friends who have a small aromatherapy business, they have already mentioned about changing their minimum postal order sizes, and I can imagine there are other types of business who send liquids on a regular basis..

Battery vendors are going to be hit hard too...

and those who need batteries for any device will find themselves short changed by Royal Mail...

Back
Top Bottom