What's new

pre-made coils - dual coil

BG101

Initiate
Hi all,

I use a rebuildable dual coil atomiser which I wrap the coils myself. I'm thinking of trying some premade twisted coils from FastTech here. I normally target around 0.5ohm.

Using 2 coils, should I be looking for premade at 0.25, 0.5, or 1?

I'm thinking the 0.25 as 2 doubles the thickness to 0.5, but thought I would double check.

Also, I havent come across any review for these. Are they any good? or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks

If the coils are in parallel you need the 1Ω ones. two parallel coils will half the resistance. If they are both the same.

edit: I've confused myself and am not sure if that's right. I think it is, by someone else more knowledgeable will surely confirm.

If the coils are in parallel you need the 1Ω ones. two parallel coils will half the resistance. If they are both the same.

edit: I've confused myself and am not sure if that's right. I think it is, by someone else more knowledgeable will surely confirm.

Yes that's right, 2 x 1 ohm coils in parallel will give an effective resistance of 0.5 ohms to the atomiser.

Hi all,

I use a rebuildable dual coil atomiser which I wrap the coils myself. I'm thinking of trying some premade twisted coils from FastTech here. I normally target around 0.5ohm.

Using 2 coils, should I be looking for premade at 0.25, 0.5, or 1?

I'm thinking the 0.25 as 2 doubles the thickness to 0.5, but thought I would double check.

Also, I havent come across any review for these. Are they any good? or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks
These work great and last months just dry burning and rewicking
https://www.fasttech.com/products/4811200

Comes out @0.45 in a pair

Give @Smut a shout on here. I bought 3 pairs of his fused Claptons last month. Difference between these and the FT coils I've had is night & day!!!!! Excellent quality and service, just ordered 6 more :)

Back
Top Bottom