What's new

Nextgen Genesis Overflowing?

mosteeze

Postman
Hi guys, so I'm still kinda new to building on Gennies, but I'm learning slowly. I've tried a couple of different builds (normal rolled 300/mesh inside a mesh etc.) But I'm focusing on a long 200 mesh inside a short 400 mesh at the minute. The size accuracy is pretty good on the mesh (18mmx50mm & 8mmx25mm) and I'm sure I'm wrapping the coils good too, enough for an even glow and good ohm reading on SS 26ga anyway.

The problem is, I can't take one small hit off the Genny without liquid coming up through the mesh and absolutely drowning the coil and seeping out the airflow hole. I've tried numerous different builds and methods to try and stop it, but it seems nothing will stop the liquid from swimming up and wanting to be consumed (no shit if I took 2 draws off this thing with closed airflow I'd be drinking Vanilla Custard.) Hopefully some of you Genny veterans might see this and throw some info my way but I look forward to receiving any advice at all. Thanks a bunch! :)

(Forgot to say, yes this is a clone!)

Last edited:
I don't have the nextgen but have the Nextiny which is basically the same. First off check the O ring at the top of the tank as this needs to be airtight to create a vacuum. Also if you only have the problem when you have just filled it, try taking out the drip tip and inverting it over a tissue to let out excess juice before vaping.
If these things don't work I don't know.

Hi guys, so I'm still kinda new to building on Gennies, but I'm learning slowly. I've tried a couple of different builds (normal rolled 300/mesh inside a mesh etc.) But I'm focusing on a long 200 mesh inside a short 400 mesh at the minute. The size accuracy is pretty good on the mesh (18mmx50mm & 8mmx25mm) and I'm sure I'm wrapping the coils good too, enough for an even glow and good ohm reading on SS 26ga anyway.

The problem is, I can't take one small hit off the Genny without liquid coming up through the mesh and absolutely drowning the coil and seeping out the airflow hole. I've tried numerous different builds and methods to try and stop it, but it seems nothing will stop the liquid from swimming up and wanting to be consumed (no shit if I took 2 draws off this thing with closed airflow I'd be drinking Vanilla Custard.) Hopefully some of you Genny veterans might see this and throw some info my way but I look forward to receiving any advice at all. Thanks a bunch! :)

(Forgot to say, yes this is a clone!)

I've had this happen with my Nextiny and In'ax mkIII a few times. Most of the times it was from me overfilling it, or leaving it in a hot car for too long. But, also it could really depend on what kind of juice you're using and what mesh. If you're using a 50/50 blend with the mesh setup you're using now, then I'd say to use some different mesh like #400 and above. Maybe try it without the #200 topper too and just see if it's any better.

I don't have the nextgen but have the Nextiny which is basically the same. First off check the O ring at the top of the tank as this needs to be airtight to create a vacuum. Also if you only have the problem when you have just filled it, try taking out the drip tip and inverting it over a tissue to let out excess juice before vaping.
If these things don't work I don't know.
O-ring is tight and I clean my tank fully before every new mesh setup, I'm clueless at the minute lol

I've had this happen with my Nextiny and In'ax mkIII a few times. Most of the times it was from me overfilling it, or leaving it in a hot car for too long. But, also it could really depend on what kind of juice you're using and what mesh. If you're using a 50/50 blend with the mesh setup you're using now, then I'd say to use some different mesh like #400 and above. Maybe try it without the #200 topper too and just see if it's any better.
I'm using a 200 18mmx50mm mesh inside a 400 8mmx25mm mesh right now and it's just soaking up way too much liquid, it's almost like it's turning the Next gen into a straw. My liquid is DIY and vapes like a charm in my other attys, 70vg 30pg.

I don't think it's the mesh I use 200 and if it was over wicking it shouldn't flood the tank so that it leaks. I can only logically think that you are not getting a proper vacuum at the top of the tank, especially if it is not only leaking after filling but all of the time.

Back
Top Bottom