What's new

Want to build a NLPWM mod..

Compeed

Initiate
Hey all,

maybe im posting this in the wrong section, but here goes.

I currently use and own a VapeAMP Variable Wattage 180W. I´ve been using it for 6months now and i´m loving it!! havent used my DNA 200 since i got it. But.. now the powerswitch is broken, so got to return it for fixing. That got me thinking a building one myself. I need som help getting started though.. that is where i hope you can help.

I live in Denmark so freight and import taxes from the us is not an option. I know i can get the board from the UK, but.. the box itself is a problem. I simply can´t find any premade box for the NLPWM - outside the US. I don´t have to tools to make the cutouts myself.

all help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Peter

Don't know about precut boxes but I've done all my mods (bar one) with a cheap drill and a pair of files I got for £5.

With an aluminium enclosure it's about an hours work to rough out a voltmeter, 510 and buttons for me
I also use masking tape to make cut out diagrams, and bezels help cover up any rough edges

It's the kind of parts of making a mod I hate doing

Ok. Thanks very much for the clarification! I guess I'll just have to do it myself then☺️

But.. Where do I find a box without visible magnets on the outside? It should fit a 2x18650 sled. I only seem to find the cheap Hammond boxes.

Regards
Peter

Ok. Thanks very much for the clarification! I guess I'll just have to do it myself then☺️

But.. Where do I find a box without visible magnets on the outside? It should fit a 2x18650 sled. I only seem to find the cheap Hammond boxes.

Regardsr
Peter

www.modmaker.co.uk

The Gboy plus should suit your needs.

As above the gboy+ from mod maker is a great little enclosure almost the same size as the Hammond boxes (1-2mm difference)

Stealthvape also have a different enclosure with pre installed magnets and stock the nlpwm last I checked

Both are in the UK and are aluminium so easy to work with

Thanks to all! I bought all the stuff from your suggested sites! (forgot the 510 - damn!) I will have all in hand in 2 days. So thanks again!

But.. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the nlpwm?

Regards
Peter

Thanks to all! I bought all the stuff from your suggested sites! (forgot the 510 - damn!) I will have all in hand in 2 days. So thanks again!

But.. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the nlpwm?

Regards
Peter
Most pwm boards I've used have labels on the connections ie B+ B- switch 510 ect but if in any doubt ask here
Can't find any diagrams but I know people here have used this board before

Ok.. I'll give it a try.. But.. Damn I'm an idiot!!

I epoxy glued the magnets in wrong!! Now the lid just pops off the second I remove my fingers... Jesus, how stupid can you get?? any chance of getting them off again? Or do I buy a new box? I even got the 510 milled down.. I guess I only need the lid.

OK..I´m ready to put the board in the box.(haven´t made the square hole for the display yet) I´ve looked at a lot of pictures around the web to figure out the wiring. Please correct me if this is wrong.
Battery sled soldered together in the bottom to series. Battery+ is wired to 510+. Battery+ also goes to VIN(thinner red/black wire) on the board. 510- goes to 510- on the board. Battery- goes to GND on the board.

IMG_20170730_204106.jpg

Many thanks so far.Would have been impossible without help!!

Last edited:
how will you attach the board to the case?

heat shrink those solder wires for a more neater finish

looking good:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom