What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Want to build a NLPWM mod..

Compeed

Initiate
Hey all,

maybe im posting this in the wrong section, but here goes.

I currently use and own a VapeAMP Variable Wattage 180W. I´ve been using it for 6months now and i´m loving it!! havent used my DNA 200 since i got it. But.. now the powerswitch is broken, so got to return it for fixing. That got me thinking a building one myself. I need som help getting started though.. that is where i hope you can help.

I live in Denmark so freight and import taxes from the us is not an option. I know i can get the board from the UK, but.. the box itself is a problem. I simply can´t find any premade box for the NLPWM - outside the US. I don´t have to tools to make the cutouts myself.

all help is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
Peter

Don't know about precut boxes but I've done all my mods (bar one) with a cheap drill and a pair of files I got for £5.

With an aluminium enclosure it's about an hours work to rough out a voltmeter, 510 and buttons for me
I also use masking tape to make cut out diagrams, and bezels help cover up any rough edges

It's the kind of parts of making a mod I hate doing

Ok. Thanks very much for the clarification! I guess I'll just have to do it myself then☺️

But.. Where do I find a box without visible magnets on the outside? It should fit a 2x18650 sled. I only seem to find the cheap Hammond boxes.

Regards
Peter

Ok. Thanks very much for the clarification! I guess I'll just have to do it myself then☺️

But.. Where do I find a box without visible magnets on the outside? It should fit a 2x18650 sled. I only seem to find the cheap Hammond boxes.

Regardsr
Peter

www.modmaker.co.uk

The Gboy plus should suit your needs.

As above the gboy+ from mod maker is a great little enclosure almost the same size as the Hammond boxes (1-2mm difference)

Stealthvape also have a different enclosure with pre installed magnets and stock the nlpwm last I checked

Both are in the UK and are aluminium so easy to work with

Thanks to all! I bought all the stuff from your suggested sites! (forgot the 510 - damn!) I will have all in hand in 2 days. So thanks again!

But.. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the nlpwm?

Regards
Peter

Thanks to all! I bought all the stuff from your suggested sites! (forgot the 510 - damn!) I will have all in hand in 2 days. So thanks again!

But.. Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for the nlpwm?

Regards
Peter
Most pwm boards I've used have labels on the connections ie B+ B- switch 510 ect but if in any doubt ask here
Can't find any diagrams but I know people here have used this board before

Ok.. I'll give it a try.. But.. Damn I'm an idiot!!

I epoxy glued the magnets in wrong!! Now the lid just pops off the second I remove my fingers... Jesus, how stupid can you get?? any chance of getting them off again? Or do I buy a new box? I even got the 510 milled down.. I guess I only need the lid.

OK..I´m ready to put the board in the box.(haven´t made the square hole for the display yet) I´ve looked at a lot of pictures around the web to figure out the wiring. Please correct me if this is wrong.
Battery sled soldered together in the bottom to series. Battery+ is wired to 510+. Battery+ also goes to VIN(thinner red/black wire) on the board. 510- goes to 510- on the board. Battery- goes to GND on the board.

IMG_20170730_204106.jpg

Many thanks so far.Would have been impossible without help!!

Last edited:
how will you attach the board to the case?

heat shrink those solder wires for a more neater finish

looking good:2thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom