What's new

Butfest Report

butlerd

Achiever
Well the inaugural Butfest is over and what a day it was. A bit of rain at the outset was not going to dampen our spirits as I think everyone had been looking forward to it, I know I was.

The drink started flowing early about 11 o clockish, and didn't stop till about half one, with much joviality and piss taking, mainly in Duncans direction.

Jerry's (@city461 ) food was beyond compare and this was evident by the deafening silence when we were tucking in :clapping::clapping:

A big thank you to Jerry for all the work he put in to make this day so special.

Other thanks are due, a special mention must be made for Evie who spent the whole day looking after my dad (who is 80 tomorrow) Thank you Evie we both appreciated this.

Another Thank you to Ethan (my youngest) for his many trips to Asda for the things we had forgotten.

There were many helpers in the kitchen but special mentions for Daz (@daz_app ) and Anthony (@red5 ) for meatball prep and Anthony's washing up skills, he was so good at this Mrs butlerd wanted to keep him.

The main talking point of the evening was Duncans (@3dj ) fight with a fairy, which on balance he lost as he was left broken, bloodied and down, whilst the fairy suffered a fractured wing but was still standing looking down on her conquered foe.

Steve (@Tubbyengineer ) and Dai (@dg109 ) for Turning up and making the day what it was, thanks guys for turning up and being excellent company.

Ben (@Ment ) made the trip up from north London and brought food with him :2thumbsup: but somehow I managed to miss getting some, Thanks dude.

I'm sure there will be more stories to come from this little venture I will leave you with some pics.

20170715_145910.jpg
20170715_145837.jpg
20170715_233639.jpg

Last edited:
I thought we weren't going to mention Duncan getting mugged by a 12 inch tall garden statue? Or the fact that he lost the battle?...:oops:

I thought we weren't going to mention Duncan getting mugged by a 12 inch tall garden statue? Or the fact that he lost the battle?...:oops:

I never got that memo. How can we not mention it, thats chimps and fairy's that have beaten up Duncan now :18::18:

Great weekend away with even better company.
Many thanks to the butlers for being such great hosts, they really made the weekend.
And special thanks to @city461 who spent the better part of 7 hours in the kitchen making all that excellent food.

Got in half an hour go. The wife just took one look at the state of my forehead. shook her head in disgust and walked off without saying a word.
In my book. If you acquire battle scars, it was a good night.

I've not got much to add to the above. Thanks of course go to the Butlers for their kind hospitality. Darrell, Kirsten and Ethan as well as Butlerd senior made for great company.

Great to catch up with @Ment who shall be now designated as an honourable member of the NW chapter due to his rather tasty halloumi cake thingys.

Thanks also to @city461 for his culinary skills, @red5 for the nighttime company, @Tubbyengineer for the technical knowledge and skills repairing a certain member's juice-filled Palitoy mod, @dg109 and his lovely missus Evie for the late night wanderings and laughs on our return to the fine establishment where we were due to rest our heads.

Also special thanks to Evie for the extra bit of luggage I ended up with due to a bit of last minute shopping. Pics were taken, but not a lot to add apart from a couple of snaps of the fine hotel's well maintained garden/patio/bombsite as well as the result of @3dj fighting with gravity whilst taking on a fairy....

20170716_083337.jpg 20170715_222732.jpg 2017-07-16 17.25.30.jpg

Great day all round, Thanks the the @butlerd `s for their hospitalty, Ethan for running to the shops, The beautiful lobelia in the garden, The fairy that head butted @3dj, @Tubbyengineer , @daz_app , @red5 and @dg109 + Evie, all made it a great weekend And a mention to Butlerd Senior for his stories...
ALSO a special mention to the fucking train driver who was supposed to park the train in Atfield station and got it slightly wrong.. The walk from Carlisle was emotional...

Great day all round, Thanks the the @butlerd `s for their hospitalty, Ethan for running to the shops, The beautiful lobelia in the garden, The fairy that head butted @3dj, @Tubbyengineer , @daz_app , @red5 and @dg109 + Evie, all made it a great weekend And a mention to Butlerd Senior for his stories...
ALSO a special mention to the fucking train driver who was supposed to park the train in Atfield station and got it slightly wrong.. The walk from Carlisle was emotional...

Lobelia lol I forgot about that, hilarious comment

Back
Top Bottom