What's new

Showcasing 'Marilyn' Dna 75 Regulated stabwood hybrid mod for @greebo

I use 2 setups one is a Bridgeport ex CNC the other is a smaller miller, tips are 4 or 2 flutted tin coated milling bits end mill some reamers some router tungsten you only see a snap shot in the making thread from start to finish I would say 35hours plus and a lot of coffee dvds shouting cursing but I'm getting quicker ho hum

Worth every second - beautiful piece . And thanks for the info ! Can't justify a milling machine at the mo as the decent starting machines seem to be £700 plus . And I have no ther use for it than mod making - haha .

Wouldnt getting a batch of plates laser cut speed up the process?
35hrs is fine if its hobby work, but not so great if your trying to make a little something on the side.

Wouldnt getting a batch of plates laser cut speed up the process?
35hrs is fine if its hobby work, but not so great if your trying to make a little something on the side.

Very true but as I make more they will become quicker and more exclusive so the price will rise in time

Laser cutting I could do but I want a bespoke touch as handmade as much as possible

Worth every second - beautiful piece . And thanks for the info ! Can't justify a milling machine at the mo as the decent starting machines seem to be £700 plus . And I have no ther use for it than mod making - haha .

The Millars I use for other things as well but it's not cost it was the weight moving an 800kilo miller was not fun

Beautiful mod there and always like your posts with the step by steps
Really like the look of that hybrid block aswell, might need to ask about one of them soon if my new tools ever arrive

This makes me want to build a DNA! I have a small CNC mill also. Maybe I'll get to designing something in fusion 360 this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom