What's new

For basic contact coils, how long do your coils last in your rdas?

Various Reviews

Postman
By basic contact coils i mean nano, micro, macro, twisted, parallel and etc. On average how long does your coils last in your rdas before you notice less production? I'm sure it varies with a lot of factors as well, ie; how well it is built, how it was pulsed, how often it is cleaned or dry burned, how much juice is ran through daily, how much power is ran through daily.

I've got builds in atties that must be approaching a year old; quick dry burn and rewick every 30 ml or so and it plods away as good as the day I built it.

As above from @stevoknevo, I only really put in a new coil when I want to change it for something different not because it doesn't work anymore.

I vape from 30-130w. Never had a coil give up on me in use and I use kanthal, SS and nichrome. I've even dry burned ni200 and ti but you need to be very careful with ti!

I vape from 30-130w. Never had a coil give up on me in use and I use kanthal, SS and nichrome. I've even dry burned ni200 and ti but you need to be very careful with ti!
Its strange that I feel like production decreases over a certain period for me, maybe its all just psychological. My logic is that power going through the coil defines as stress on the wire, so I figured the more stress the wire would eventually age in a sense

I have some RDA's that I can't even remember when I replaced the coils- most of the time I replace because I get bored and want something different, not because of a drop off in performance.

They don't get much use though as they are used in rotation. Even when I had less RDA's though, coils lasted a long time. I vape anywhere from 15-120W depending on mood.

I have some RDA's that I can't even remember when I replaced the coils- most of the time I replace because I get bored and want something different, not because of a drop off in performance.

They don't get much use though as they are used in rotation. Even when I had less RDA's though, coils lasted a long time. I vape anywhere from 15-120W depending on mood.

Ugh I could never vape at 15w lol I'd be waiting forever with my 22g I usually vape anywhere from 80-140. I usually use one of my mods and RDAs for a good amount of time (2 weeks) and then switch but yewa I still keep the builds in so I suppose that the quality doesn't decrease I suppose it was all in my head lol but my logic was that since there is so much stress on the wire from all the power going through it, then it must age in some way, but it seems like it doesn't for the most part. Although there is a difference in a fresh coil and wick I believe lol.

Nice to hear from you again Conan! Its been a while brother

I get bored easily so i can change coils once a month, every week or so, ive had a build in my goon for about 2 months now purely because it was an absolute bitch to get in those little bloody clamps. The build in my druga will stay for a while because its so smooth...i think i just swap them out until i find what suits me at the time...i kind of understand what you mean by the coils degrading but im not sure if they actually are or if i just get bored of the same performance...

I get bored easily so i can change coils once a month, every week or so, ive had a build in my goon for about 2 months now purely because it was an absolute bitch to get in those little bloody clamps. The build in my druga will stay for a while because its so smooth...i think i just swap them out until i find what suits me at the time...i kind of understand what you mean by the coils degrading but im not sure if they actually are or if i just get bored of the same performance...
In my opinion I've come to the conclusion that its not in my head but there is a certain amount of degradation with coils. I've noticed the performance of a fresh coil and one I've had for a month and there is a difference to it although I understand why most would say that there isn't. We put an intense amount of stress on a small amount of wire, in my opinion its illogical not to consider some kind of degradation over time, but that is just my opinion. And yes I agree on those bloody goon clamps they are a pain right in the crotch region, although they're marketed as the complete opposite lol

Back
Top Bottom