What's new

Vaping and the warm weather

Vape Superstore

Premium Vendor
Good morning guys and girls. So this may sound like something most vapers would know already, but it never hurts to re-iterate a safety concern.

London and the UK in general is currently experiencing a summer sun heat wave. Its great for our tan, but not so great for our vaping. I thought I'd just share 3 tips I've picked up to help prolong the life of your vaping devices & liquids in this hot weather.

1. Your batteries & chargers should be kept out of direct sunlight, as the extra heat from the sunlight could cause the batteries to overheat and possibly vent.

2. Your e-liquid should also be kept out of direct sunlight and be stored in a room or cupboard that is a cool room temperature. Sunlight and heat could potentially change the chemical make-up of the liquid, causing it to taste different and in some cases, make the nicotine content stronger or weaker.

3. Keep the chain-vaping on your device down to a minimum. In this heatwave, you will find your mod tends to get hotter than usual, and chain-vaping on it does not help it cool down. The excessive heat could have damaging effects on your mod and batteries.

Remember everyone, safety first. Now go out there and enjoy the sunshine :)

Well said, one thing I'll add which in minor in comparison is the warm weather will change the viscosity of your juices so don't be leaving full tanks around as they're more likely to leak. Close off juice flows & keep the tanks empty if not in use

Well said, one thing I'll add which in minor in comparison is the warm weather will change the viscosity of your juices so don't be leaving full tanks around as they're more likely to leak. Close off juice flows & keep the tanks empty if not in use

Excellent point. I've learnt the hard way that leaving full tanks and even RDAs that are juiced up lying in the sun changes vape quality dramatically. Now every evening I make sure my tanks and RDAs are empty. Its a tedious process, but at least i'm ready for a good vape the following morning.

The funny thing is vapers do get in a lot of troubles with weather. Is it winter? Oh, now i can`t use my RDA and RDTA, time to find RTA with mtl and NOT with metal driptip. It`s so good i mixed/bought a lot of 70/30 juice. I`ll keep it here till spring comes around. Summer? Better not chain vape and keep all in safe. It rains? I better leave my mech mod with rda and take some boxmod rta. Wait, is there a winter already?!

I left my vape in the car the other day. In the heat the juice had thinned, expanded and leaked over the top of the tank.

I left my vape in the car the other day. In the heat the juice had thinned, expanded and leaked over the top of the tank.

It happens to the best of us. I forgot my mod in the store in direct sunlight, and it made my 80% VG juice look more like 50% VG :(

Many thanks to all posters for the heads up
Well worth knowing

Some interesting points to think about in this thread. I'm going to Greece in the height of summer and can expect the temperatures to be in the late 30's early 40's every day. Not sure there is much I can do about the juice thinning in that heat! I best take extra juice to cover the inevitable leakage :)2

Back
Top Bottom