What's new

Review complacency

I dunno ... in my lesbian phase, I quite liked looking at her, but she's a bit past it now, I reckon ;)

Past it!!?? :lemmesee:

I hear she's planning a new book

Nigella+lawson+recipes+w+coke+cookbook+design+parody+nigella_e5d789_4965755.jpg

Actually, I've just been googling her and she's still quite fit, a bit mumsy in some pics though. The OH concurs - he just said 'I wouldn't kick her outa bed' and is now sulking cos I said I wouldn't either :54:

Right, yes. Where were we? The reviews ...

I hear she's planning a new book

She's always planning a new book :17: I think that's why I'm somewhat immune to her charms: I've spent years working in a bookshop ... same faces looking out at you from the shelves day-in day-out gets old. Don't even get me started on Mary Berry :guns:

She's always planning a new book :17: I think that's why I'm somewhat immune to her charms: I've spent years working in a bookshop ... same faces looking out at you from the shelves day-in day-out gets old. Don't even get me started on Mary Berry :guns:
Mrs kid used to be a recipe tester for various "Tv chefs" and the worst by far is Lorraine Pascal. Genuinely couldn't cook toast.

Unless someone has gone out and personally bought the item in question with their own funds and has no link/affiliation/freebies/or promises to the company a review isn't worth the paper (electronic or otherwise), it's written on.
Youtube is as good a place as any for honest reviews and these days most people's first port of call. Any that start with, company x sent me this to try or the description says 'disclaimer, this was a free sample sent by x for review' I click off and move elsewhere.
My reviews are items I purchase and can be brutally honest about as a consumer.
A written Web review is no guarantee of honest opinion either and it's easier to gloss over or not mention the item is a freebie for review which automatically invests you in giving a tempered response.
I.e.
'The taste of this isn't really my cup of tea but I could become accustomed to it'
Vs
'This tastes like a bolivian unicyclists jockstrap and I wouldn't pour it down the toilet for fear of offending it'
Also.
Taste is completely subjective, I know people who'd eat things and enjoy them that would make me gag and vice versa.
This alone makes taste reviews pointless with the sole exception of likening it to something known, i.e. This tastes exactly the same as the old fashioned rhubarb and custard sweets.
That's fair enough bud. Hence why I asked Mrdj to review first. I know by year's of honesty on the forum that his word is good as I would hope do most apes who've been around a while. I will be asking mrdj if he would mind doing a few more reviews on juice as we go on. I would assume I will be buying most but should anyone be good enough to send samples I will always make it clear. I personally just want a neutral review but it's absolutely your prerogative to not believe the review. I'm hoping that the format that mrdj has used will at least give you a clear definition if nothing else of the flavours involved. It's hard enough trying to work out what the hell is in most juices these day's as the names are so random.
The review should at least give you the information flavour wise to decide if you want to put it on your taste list next time your at a vape shop.
There is so many juices out there a decent reliable flavour profile review is at least going to be useful to me.

I think it's good MrDJ is going to review some juice.

From what i have seen on this forum that he has posted if he doesnt like a juice he will say so. Yes maybe he won't be rude about it but there is no need to be. I have bought a few juices he has mentioned (not recommended) some have been nice some not so. But as we always say taste is subjective.

I don't watch/read reviews as most of the time if I see a juice i like I will try it if it's not for me I just won't buy it again.

I think it's good MrDJ is going to review some juice.

From what i have seen on this forum that he has posted if he doesnt like a juice he will say so. Yes maybe he won't be rude about it but there is no need to be. I have bought a few juices he has mentioned (not recommended) some have been nice some not so. But as we always say taste is subjective.

I don't watch/read reviews as most of the time if I see a juice i like I will try it if it's not for me I just won't buy it again.[/QUOTE

I agree. That's exactly what I thought. He is never nasty but always honest. I'm over the moon he agreed to do a review. And I will have a chat next week to see what other juices we fancy trying and try to get him to join me in another.
Just to be clear I've not posted mine yet as I'm working through the juices slowly as they really aren't what I'm used to. Quite cool in this weather though.

Back
Top Bottom