What's new

Mini Meet in the heat....

city461

Legend
So yesterday we had a Manc Mini meet and as the title says it was warm....very warm.. So in these tropical conditions what is the best meal to have? A curry obviously...
It was really good to see Steve @Tubbyengineer and he did manage a giggle or two mainly at the expense of Wacky Races @3dj who with his jaundice looks decided to turn up with a yellow. yes YELLOW mod. Presumably it was a vain attempt to colour co ordinate with his eyes...It also must be mentioned that if you decide to switch tables in a pub keep Duncan at a healthy distance away. The incompetence of the man would test the patience of Gandhi himself, but as always he entertained everybody without really trying...
Anthony @red5 came via mexico, yep jet lagged and fresh of the plane he managed to keep his eyes open till the end, good to see you.
Darren @daz_app as always attended and provided good comic input as always.
David @dg109 joind us for the last knockings and related a story of DIY mixing which will be told at a later date but thankfully Steve managed to work out the problem...

After the curry there was a few sweating brows but it was an excellent meal as usual.
We managed to sort out the accommodation for @butlerd `s do , seems @3dj and @red5 are an item now...

Generally a good day and we carried the raffle over to take down to @butlerd `s so we can raise a few extra pounds for Steves nominated charity... There are some nice prizes heading down sauf Daryll....

Amoungst the laughs and giggles and stupidity of one person in particular we also took a few moments to remember Steve and his sad loss this week.. The true spirit on the Manc Meet chapter was expressed at this point.

Always a pleasure Gents.... It was emotional..

Another cracking day out in very sunny Wilmslow.

Interesting chat and banter from the likes of @Tubbyengineer, @dg109 (how hard is it to mix a bit of juice up?!) and @red5 and as always, entertainment from the likely lads @3dj and @city461 with their matching mods and tanks.

Hopefully we have also sorted accomodation arrangements for our trip dahn sarf...

And finally, a toast was raised to Steve's dad in the time honoured tradition.

See y'all soon chaps

Another cracking day out in very sunny Wilmslow.

Interesting chat and banter from the likes of @Tubbyengineer, @dg109 (how hard is it to mix a bit of juice up?!) and @red5 and as always, entertainment from the likely lads @3dj and @city461 with their matching mods and tanks.

Hopefully we have also sorted accomodation arrangements for our trip dahn sarf...

And finally, a toast was raised to Steve's dad in the time honoured tradition.

See y'all soon chaps
I did not haver a bright canary yellow mod thank you very much

Apologies Jerry this is true. For the record, only Duncan is weird enough to buy a bright yellow mod. And my word when I say bright yellow, I mean BRIGHT yellow.

So yesterday we had a Manc Mini meet and as the title says it was warm....very warm.. So in these tropical conditions what is the best meal to have? A curry obviously...
It was really good to see Steve @Tubbyengineer and he did manage a giggle or two mainly at the expense of Wacky Races @3dj who with his jaundice looks decided to turn up with a yellow. yes YELLOW mod. Presumably it was a vain attempt to colour co ordinate with his eyes...It also must be mentioned that if you decide to switch tables in a pub keep Duncan at a healthy distance away. The incompetence of the man would test the patience of Gandhi himself, but as always he entertained everybody without really trying...
Anthony @red5 came via mexico, yep jet lagged and fresh of the plane he managed to keep his eyes open till the end, good to see you.
Darren @daz_app as always attended and provided good comic input as always.
David @dg109 joind us for the last knockings and related a story of DIY mixing which will be told at a later date but thankfully Steve managed to work out the problem...

After the curry there was a few sweating brows but it was an excellent meal as usual.
We managed to sort out the accommodation for @butlerd `s do , seems @3dj and @red5 are an item now...

Generally a good day and we carried the raffle over to take down to @butlerd `s so we can raise a few extra pounds for Steves nominated charity... There are some nice prizes heading down sauf Daryll....

Amoungst the laughs and giggles and stupidity of one person in particular we also took a few moments to remember Steve and his sad loss this week.. The true spirit on the Manc Meet chapter was expressed at this point.

Always a pleasure Gents.... It was emotional..

Those who go to the manc meets know very well how caring and generous you chaps are, and this is why I return again and again :clapping:

This is very good news, I was beginning to worry you would not get rooms in the paradise that is my home town. :flames:

Looking forward to this one very much.

I may even break out the cocktail shaker :beerchug

Those who go to the manc meets know very well how caring and generous you chaps are, and this is why I return again and again :clapping:

This is very good news, I was beginning to worry you would not get rooms in the paradise that is my home town. :flames:

Looking forward to this one very much.

I may even break out the cocktail shaker :beerchug
Didnt get them in your home paradise town... all sold out because of harry fucking potter and you holding to meet in school holidays...
We did however find accommodation in the nearest available location... Grimsby.

Thank you all for a good day out, it was just what I needed at this point in time, as was the Gurkhali Chicken - That is set to become a firm favourite of mine.
Yes @3dj and @city461 managed to make the Chuckle Brothers look competent, Yes @red5 somehow managed to come back from Mexico paler than when he went and Yes @daz_app is still a Kayfun Lightweight. and last but not least @dg109 apparantley like 25mg juice in his tanks...
But it wouldn't be a Manc Meet without all of that and the camaraderie that comes with it, Thank you Gents - and see you "Dahn Sarf"...
HatTipSmileyAnim.gif

Didnt get them in your home paradise town... all sold out because of harry fucking potter and you holding to meet in school holidays...
We did however find accommodation in the nearest available location... Grimsby.
Well I'm at an attractive little inn in Welwyn which is a 12 minute drive, what's the cost of a Joey down there?...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom