What's new

Iceland First Country To Reject TPD ‽

Could this be the begining of the end for the TPD?

• Total voters
As if I needed another reason to want to live in Iceland!

It looks a great place to live except for all the snow! I'm not a fan of snow but the landscape there is sensational and it is the least polluted country/island in Europe. Tough language to learn tho! Oh and they have Jonsi there too, who is cool.

I think it's a bit misleading though to be honest, 'the first domino to fall in Europe' ... whatever Iceland do (and I wish them the best of luck) it will have no effect on the EU ... and thank god we are getting out of it too.[/QUOTE]

Iceland aren't in the EU.

So they have no reason to adopt the TPD.

Not quite true,
Yes, they are not a member of the European Union, so do not have to adopt the TPD regulations.

Their financial dealings, and foreign company investment policies have a marked impact on European member countries.
They are members of European Free Trade Association (EFTA), a grouping of four non-EU European countries, and is also part of the European Economic Area (EEA).
For example one of the Icelandic banks got into financial trouble some tears ago, this forced many UK councils to the verge of bankruptcy, and pensions funds were badly hit, but the Icelandic government just walked away from the problem, because they could !
It is a little know fact that an Icelandic company (Bakkavor) own, or control most of the companies in the UK, and to some extent other European countries, that supply pre pack prepared salads, and cook cilled ready meals to the major supermarkets.
As I say I do not disagree with your post about them not having to adopt the TPD.
It is surprising how much influence, financial, and commercial, that they are quite intertwined with the rest of Europe.......................

The TPD or TRPR will remain in place simply because big t and big p will make sure it does. plus the fact there's grubby mits making cash off the back of it while those in the industry suffer and vapers lose out.

Tough language to learn tho!

90% of Icelanders speak more comprehensible English than Scots or Geordies, so it's not too much of a handicap.
xclear.png.pagespeed.ic.UownpF5gxy.webp
:grin2:

Back
Top Bottom