What's new

Mesh, hows it work, don't understand the principle ?

Badboybez

Veteran
Hi Guys,

Been reading the mesh posts for some time now.
I currently use a couple of kangertech tanks with stock coils, also have a smok tvf4, and another re-buildable deck.
Always looking for more flavour, so am very interested in doing a mesh build.

Trouble is, I am struggling to understand how this can work.....
I am an electrical engineer, so to me i looks like ifyou put some stainless mesh into your coil, it will just short it out !

Please advise, as I would love to give it a go ;-)

Regards badboybez

Hi Guys,

Been reading the mesh posts for some time now.
I currently use a couple of kangertech tanks with stock coils, also have a smok tvf4, and another re-buildable deck.
Always looking for more flavour, so am very interested in doing a mesh build.

Trouble is, I am struggling to understand how this can work.....
I am an electrical engineer, so to me i looks like ifyou put some stainless mesh into your coil, it will just short it out !

Please advise, as I would love to give it a go ;-)

Regards badboybez
I always found it a bugger to get mesh to work properly, in theory if you pulse the coil with mesh in it you'll form a protective insulating layer of oxides between coil and mesh. In practice I always found I got hotspots from the coils shorting out on the mesh - other people seem to be able to manage it so it's more likely I just don't have the knack, or the patience to deal with it. I'm not really sure theres much to be gained flavour wise anyway, although they do give good flavour all the mesh builds I've vaped on haven't been a significant improvement over the tanks and builds I use...

I'm now expecting a visit from the Genny lynch mob :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:- out to get me for suggesting theres anything as good as mesh...:grin2:

I always found it a bugger to get mesh to work properly, in theory if you pulse the coil with mesh in it you'll form a protective insulating layer of oxides between coil and mesh. In practice I always found I got hotspots from the coils shorting out on the mesh - other people seem to be able to manage it so it's more likely I just don't have the knack, or the patience to deal with it. I'm not really sure theres much to be gained flavour wise anyway, although they do give good flavour all the mesh builds I've vaped on haven't been a significant improvement over the tanks and builds I use...

I'm now expecting a visit from the Genny lynch mob :angrymob::angrymob::angrymob:- out to get me for suggesting theres anything as good as mesh...:grin2:

Hi mate,
In that case I don't think I will bother.
It sounds like a lot of fannying about, if as you say there s not much improvement over a good atty.

Thanks badboybez

Patience is definitely a virtue when dealing with mesh. I only use mesh, tobacco Juice just don't taste the same on cotton.

Back
Top Bottom