What's new

Ohms, how low can I go

It looks ok but I want an AGI, I think that'll look better, set up as a dripper. I'm hoping it'll give it a hybrid look.
Which sigelei are you looking at?
Yeah, that would look good. I've been looking at various ones; if I buy online, maybe a 13a. An online vendor I've been looking at has 3 types it calls A, B and C so not sure what they are but it turns out they have a proper shop and are only a short bike ride away so I could call over, pay cash and get it there and then. This is type A
sig a.jpg

type B looks good too
sig b.jpg

I'm sure the ego batteries have a low amp limit so even if it fires at 1.1 ohm or lower you won't get the best as the limit will kick in
ok good. seems to work ok at 1.2/1.1 anyway. won't go any lower on ohms now because it works ok at that for my pocket vape and should have a mech mod soon. Would that be a safety feature, the amps cut off thing?

I'm sure the ego batteries have a low amp limit so even if it fires at 1.1 ohm or lower you won't get the best as the limit will kick in

Never had an issue yet. I get good throat hit and good vapour production too. :)

Yeah, that would look good. I've been looking at various ones; if I buy online, maybe a 13a. An online vendor I've been looking at has 3 types it calls A, B and C so not sure what they are but it turns out they have a proper shop and are only a short bike ride away so I could call over, pay cash and get it there and then. This is type A
View attachment 8828

type B looks good too
View attachment 8829
I think I prefer the first one but that's just me.

Come to think of it ebayhomepc has a point... Otherwise you'd be putting close to 3 amps through an ego battery (if my understanding of it is correct) as the amp limit on the provari is 2.5 (again by memory) I'm guessing it has hit the cut off and is just working circa 3.7v :D

Come to think of it @ebayhomepc has a point... Otherwise you'd be putting close to 3 amps through an ego battery (if my understanding of it is correct) as the amp limit on the provari is 2.5 (again by memory) I'm guessing it has hit the cut off and is just working circa 3.7v :D
Ah ok thanks. So I probably hit a peak of power at maybe a bit under 2 ohm resistance and I'm just saving wire length by building lower. Might go back up to 4 turns next time on the coil then and see if it makes any difference. It's vaping well anyway, so as long as it's safe, it will do.

Back
Top Bottom