What's new

Vamo V3 vs Ego Twist (or Spinner)

Jammy

Postman
Hi all,
Apologies for another Vamo question, but am thinking of ordering a V3 from fasttech this week. I have a couple of Ego Twists and a Vision Spinner, which work fine. Will the V3 be a huge step up performance-wise ? What's the real difference with VW to VV ?

Have also ordered my first lot of wire and wick as am getting a bit frustrated with the Kanger Protank heads only lasting a few days before a big performance drop-off.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Your Twist & Spinner will supply VV exactly the same as a Vamo will - no difference whatsoever, except the Vamo isn't anywhere near as pocket friendly.

With VW the Vamo "knows" what watts you like, and adjusts the volts itself to give you that amount of watts when you change atty. So, in theory, your vape will always seem the same. It's also dead easy to twist the bottom of your existing batteries a bit up or down tho.

The vamo is Also capable of delivering both Less and More V's than the ego .. ie: has a wider spectrum (from 3v to 6v) where as the ego does 3.7 to 4.8 (i think ... havnt got one near me to test) this becomes more important when rewiring your own atties ... as you are likely to wire around the 1.2 to 2 ohms mark .. so the lower V's can help you get a smoother vape.

On top of that, if you use an 18650 battery .. its going to last a lot longer than an ego battery ... also .. most rebuildable atties are nearer the width of the Vamo than the ego.

The Vamo is an ideal step up IMO ... however .. something like a sigelei zmax while a little more is lots better in quality.

Hi all,
Apologies for another Vamo question, but am thinking of ordering a V3 from fasttech this week. I have a couple of Ego Twists and a Vision Spinner, which work fine. Will the V3 be a huge step up performance-wise ? What's the real difference with VW to VV ?

Have also ordered my first lot of wire and wick as am getting a bit frustrated with the Kanger Protank heads only lasting a few days before a big performance drop-off.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Have a look here, hopefully this will explain things better for you? I know it helped me :thumbup:

Thanks all - it sounds like I could keep going with my batts for a while longer then, and my real issue is with the protank heads.

Out of curiosity mate, what resistance heads are you using on the protank?

if they're 2.5 that may go towards explaining the drop off if you have it on a twist.

Might be worth getting hold of a 1.8 and see if that improves things?

Would never talk anyone out of buying a vamo though... I like mine.... but I LOVE my Zmax :D

I'm using 1.8s, but they're literally lasting me a week maximum. My old T3s were lasting better. Might be the new juice I'm using (AceVapers Cake Mix) as they seem to do better on other juice. Will give them a vodka bath and see if they come back at all !

All valid points above, and don't get me wrong, I wouldn't talk anyone out of buying a Vamo either. You can pick up a kit including 2 half decent big batteries and a nitecore charger for about £30 from fasttech.

About your juice...the thicker juices seem to take their toll on atty's more than thin juice does.

Cheers Alan, I haven't really looked at it in detail. On the face of it it's 70PG/30VG but it seems to get burnt at my usual voltage (goes dark brown very quickly). Their Creme Caramel (my current fave) doesn't behave the same way though.

Having read how much better the heads perform after a rewick I'll see if that improves things.

Back
Top Bottom