What's new

Annoying problem - Liquid?

Jeebs

Initiate
Hi all, new member here.

Having a bit of an odd issue. In the last 2 years or so of vaping I've never come across this..

I use an Aspire Cleito tank and have a Smok 22 Vape Pen as a back up. Last few weeks I've been using Element E Liquid Pink Lemonade (High VG) and have been vaping through the day.

I've managed to somehow break 3 different glass tanks. 2 on the Cleito and one this morning on the Smok. I haven't dropped, mishandled them or anything. They're standing upright on my desk and when I look, they're pouring liquid out and the glass tank is in 2/3 pieces.

Why could this be? Vape Band causing it? Or is it the liquid? I was led to believe that glass tanks don't suffer this issue and I've never had it with any other liquid. It's only been happening the last week or so. Never before that. Also been noticing that on both tanks the O Ring seals at the bottom are swelling badly, which means that the tanks pop out of place and dont go back in unless I hold it in place and screw them shut.

I also bought a NEW Cleito tank yesterday and within 1 day of use, the O ring at the bottom has swelled again and my glass tank pops upwards within a few seconds unless it's screwed down.

Really, really bugging me - Can anyone shed some insight? I really like this E Liquid but the last 3/4 10Ml bottles have been so problematic and cost me a fair bit of £££ - So much so that I actually have to carry a spare glass tank with me now.

Thanks in advance

It might be down to it being a lemonade flavour, it probably has citric acid in it. I'm pretty sure I've read that it's a tank-cracker, although I thought glass was better than plastic in that respect.

That's what I thought too.. and I was surprised that the same thing happened to my Smok and my Cleito. They were both sat upright not being used then snap - fell into bits.

I think the more annoying thing is that the O Rings on both tanks are "swelling" - I don't know why this is? It makes the glass pop back up out of place..

The swelling o-rings on your complete tanks could be causing pressure on the glasses and forcing them to crack?

Sounds juice related to me.
Sorry but sounds like you need different juice, tank or possibly different o ring seal (if possible)?

Hi all, new member here.

Having a bit of an odd issue. In the last 2 years or so of vaping I've never come across this..

I use an Aspire Cleito tank and have a Smok 22 Vape Pen as a back up. Last few weeks I've been using Element E Liquid Pink Lemonade (High VG) and have been vaping through the day.

I've managed to somehow break 3 different glass tanks. 2 on the Cleito and one this morning on the Smok. I haven't dropped, mishandled them or anything. They're standing upright on my desk and when I look, they're pouring liquid out and the glass tank is in 2/3 pieces.

Why could this be? Vape Band causing it? Or is it the liquid? I was led to believe that glass tanks don't suffer this issue and I've never had it with any other liquid. It's only been happening the last week or so. Never before that. Also been noticing that on both tanks the O Ring seals at the bottom are swelling badly, which means that the tanks pop out of place and dont go back in unless I hold it in place and screw them shut.

I also bought a NEW Cleito tank yesterday and within 1 day of use, the O ring at the bottom has swelled again and my glass tank pops upwards within a few seconds unless it's screwed down.

Really, really bugging me - Can anyone shed some insight? I really like this E Liquid but the last 3/4 10Ml bottles have been so problematic and cost me a fair bit of £££ - So much so that I actually have to carry a spare glass tank with me now.

Thanks in advance
No guy's. 100% the element juice. A well known tank cracker. Glass or plastic. That juice in it's high vg form is also best left to drippers or rebuildable tanks that wick well. I'm amazed you got it to wick in the cleito. It will also kill your coils really quickly as it's loaded with sweetner.

There has to be something seriously wrong with a juice that cracks glass. What the hell are they putting in it?

Does seem very acidic. Only used it in metal drippers.
More replies on here than on PistonHeads [emoji23]

Back
Top Bottom