What's new

UD Bellus Upgrade

Think i will give the Proto a miss as the wicking looks to be a nightmare

I've got a box full of attys that I tried to replace my Bellus with. None of them get used (should get around to offloading them).
I love my Bellus. Only tank that my Welsh custard tastes right in. And previous to that I used Goblin and Goliath. Me and Youde I guess.
Yes, it can be a bit fiddly to build. It I've got it down to a tee now so I stick with them.

I've got a box full of attys that I tried to replace my Bellus with. None of them get used (should get around to offloading them).
I love my Bellus. Only tank that my Welsh custard tastes right in. And previous to that I used Goblin and Goliath. Me and Youde I guess.
Yes, it can be a bit fiddly to build. It I've got it down to a tee now so I stick with them.

What kind of a build are you using in your Bellus

Two coils 24gauge 7 wraps coming out around 0.32. Cotton in then pull at ends with tweezers to thin it out then cut and shape it so the ends are a bit wispy and just touching the ledge.
I always unscrew cap and turn upside down, take deck out and fill from bottom though, never had a leak or flood doing it that way.

Change cotton every few days and coil about once a month. I've been doing it so long I'm used to it and can do it pretty quick.

Two coils 24gauge 7 wraps coming out around 0.32. Cotton in then pull at ends with tweezers to thin it out then cut and shape it so the ends are a bit wispy and just touching the ledge.
I always unscrew cap and turn upside down, take deck out and fill from bottom though, never had a leak or flood doing it that way.

Is that with a 2mm ID

:)

Is that with a 2mm ID

:)

2.5mm. And just kanthal, I've never felt the need for temp control. Although I fancy trying stainless sometime. Never once had a dry hit with Bellus. Had leaking and flooding in the beginning trying to sort out the best way to re-fill, but bottom fill is perfect for me. It takes a bit longer and obviously not taking advantage of its top fill but if it works....

Back
Top Bottom