What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

UD Bellus Upgrade

Think i will give the Proto a miss as the wicking looks to be a nightmare

I've got a box full of attys that I tried to replace my Bellus with. None of them get used (should get around to offloading them).
I love my Bellus. Only tank that my Welsh custard tastes right in. And previous to that I used Goblin and Goliath. Me and Youde I guess.
Yes, it can be a bit fiddly to build. It I've got it down to a tee now so I stick with them.

I've got a box full of attys that I tried to replace my Bellus with. None of them get used (should get around to offloading them).
I love my Bellus. Only tank that my Welsh custard tastes right in. And previous to that I used Goblin and Goliath. Me and Youde I guess.
Yes, it can be a bit fiddly to build. It I've got it down to a tee now so I stick with them.

What kind of a build are you using in your Bellus

Two coils 24gauge 7 wraps coming out around 0.32. Cotton in then pull at ends with tweezers to thin it out then cut and shape it so the ends are a bit wispy and just touching the ledge.
I always unscrew cap and turn upside down, take deck out and fill from bottom though, never had a leak or flood doing it that way.

Change cotton every few days and coil about once a month. I've been doing it so long I'm used to it and can do it pretty quick.

Two coils 24gauge 7 wraps coming out around 0.32. Cotton in then pull at ends with tweezers to thin it out then cut and shape it so the ends are a bit wispy and just touching the ledge.
I always unscrew cap and turn upside down, take deck out and fill from bottom though, never had a leak or flood doing it that way.

Is that with a 2mm ID

:)

Is that with a 2mm ID

:)

2.5mm. And just kanthal, I've never felt the need for temp control. Although I fancy trying stainless sometime. Never once had a dry hit with Bellus. Had leaking and flooding in the beginning trying to sort out the best way to re-fill, but bottom fill is perfect for me. It takes a bit longer and obviously not taking advantage of its top fill but if it works....

Back
Top Bottom