Price paid (£x.xx)
Bottle size (ml)
Price per ml (pence)
£ 0.30
Percentage used in review
Concentrate cost to make 10 ml of e liquid
£0.60

Review

This has been sitting tempting me for what seems a lifetime. I made a VG mix and it was easy to see it wasn’t ready. All the flavour EM and sweetener were put in the bottom, the VG added and all the flavour stuff promptly floated to the top. Every now and again I have returned to this, dusted the bottle, turned it gently over a few times and put it back. The flavour stuff gradually worked it way down the bottle, going a lovely golden brown colour, with the bit at the botton clear and flavour free. More inverting and putting back.

And now, it’s ready. A quick check on the www.leisureliquids.com web site – just to see if the prices have gone up in the steeping period, but nope.

I have to confess to having a few little tastes of this along the way and it started off with a muted lemon and a yukky pastry shortening – but that was pre steeping.

OK on with the review

…lemon meringue pie was a real treat as a kid and I really fancied this… So low wattage and a lovely lemon pie flavour – I like this lemon it comes over in several ways both sweet and sharp and the pie note sits there as a nice undertone especially on exhale.

But what about the meringue? I had a play around on power and over 12 watts I was getting the meringue notes too. I really liked this, the wait was excruciating, but the result was good.

Steeping

Grrrrrrrr eeeeeeeehhhhh phewwwwww slobberrrrrrrr and zzzzzzzzzzzz….. this took an age. OK maybe it doesn’t help that my place is not overtly warm, but, an age.

Vapour

Throat hit

Value -commentary

The usual Capella value – you pay for a top quality flavour that doesn’t need much at all.

Use as a mixing ingredient

Too complex to mix with.

Effects on tanks and atomizers and any known ‘nasties’

Disclaimer

This concentrate was provided free of charge for review, which has not impacted on the integrity of the opinions herein. I have received neither payment nor payment in lieu through goods or services for writing this review. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and made as ‘fair comment’. Please bear in mind that flavour and taste are a very personal thing. This review has not been edited or moderated by the owners or moderators of www.planetofthevapes.co.uk who may or may not agree / disagree with the comments made therein. Prices may include discounts and may have changed since time of purchase. Whilst every effort has been made to be as accurate as possible - Errors and Omissions – Caveat Emptor (Buyer Beware).

Just to add even in the warm it takes bloomin ages to steep!!! It is really good when it's ready though :)

Review

This has been sitting tempting me for what seems a lifetime. I made a VG mix and it was easy to see it wasn’t ready. All the flavour EM and sweetener were put in the bottom, the VG added and all the flavour stuff promptly floated to the top. Every now and again I have returned to this, dusted the bottle, turned it gently over a few times and put it back. The flavour stuff gradually worked it way down the bottle, going a lovely golden brown colour, with the bit at the botton clear and flavour free. More inverting and putting back.
Bryan123456
Can you please tell me your quantities of EM and sweetener that you added? :worship:
I have mixed this but I am finding it still a little bland and there is barely any lemon flavour after almost 2 weeks steeping. :6:

Gill

Bryan123456 is no longer around here I'm afraid. What % have you used? I found it is the longest steeper I've tried, even longer than vanilla custard. Mine took at least 3 weeks to come into its own. I don't use sweetener or em in mine.

Thanks for letting me know.

I used 20% flavour (2ml) and 2.5% (0.2ml) Dulce De Leche in a 70PG (2.4ml)/30VG (3ml) mix of 12mg nic (2.3ml), for 10ml sample.
Used the POTV calculator!!:grin2:
Been steeping since 30 May, has a nice dark gold colour to it and smells amazing.

It shouldn't be much longer. It isn't a massive lemon hit, more of a nice blend of flavours.

My girlfriend has only dabbled with mixing recently and chose this one. She used 5ml in a 30ml bottle which works out at 16.66% for those that care and is very happy with it :)

My girlfriend has only dabbled with mixing recently and chose this one. She used 5ml in a 30ml bottle which works out at 16.66% for those that care and is very happy with it :)

How long did she let it steep for and was there any sweeteners added etc?
Purplefowler
Hopefully :-)
Not looking for a strong lemon but at the moment it tastes mainly of pastry with a hint of meringue, I only get some lemon at 4.5v and above.
I think another week before trying it again.

Back
Top Bottom