What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Coolfire IV tc75 18650 Erratic readings

Tworrs

G-Fog Reborn
My Coolfire 18650 is reading the coils in the tanks very erratically,
I use everything from the Nautilus Mini, Triton Mini, Serpent mini and Kayfun Mini on it and they all end up being read very erratically.
A 1.8 coil reads anywhere from 1.8ohm right up to 3ohm and a 0.5 coil reads anywhere up to 1ohm, and anywhere in between.
Fortunately I can hear when this happens and stop firing, but it is getting on my goat.
All the tanks read and fire fine on my Coolfire IV 40W and my iStick Pico, it's just the 18650 75W that is messing around.
Has anyone else had the same problem, or is this the end for mod? I've only had it for 3 months and it's be no end of irritation.
Thanks in advance.

My Coolfire 18650 is reading the coils in the tanks very erratically,
I use everything from the Nautilus Mini, Triton Mini, Serpent mini and Kayfun Mini on it and they all end up being read very erratically.
A 1.8 coil reads anywhere from 1.8ohm right up to 3ohm and a 0.5 coil reads anywhere up to 1ohm, and anywhere in between.
Fortunately I can hear when this happens and stop firing, but it is getting on my goat.
All the tanks read and fire fine on my Coolfire IV 40W and my iStick Pico, it's just the 18650 75W that is messing around.
Has anyone else had the same problem, or is this the end for mod? I've only had it for 3 months and it's be no end of irritation.
Thanks in advance.
Hi, not had that problem at all mate, i've used loads of different tanks on mine (hope i'm not jinxing mine !! ) and actually find it's one of the more accurate mods i own. Sorry you're having problems with yours, can you not still make a claim under warranty from who you bought from then ?

@Donald Trump's fister Thanks, A bit of a problem claiming as it is about 3 months old, and bought in the UK, and I live in NZ.
So it may be a lost cause.
Hi, oh i'm sorry to hear that mate, maybe i'm stating the obvious, but have you checked the 510 pin to see if it's either stuck down a bit and has lost its springyness so as not to make a good contact ?

@Donald Trump's fister Thanks for the suggestion, and yes I did check it, but it still has springy travel
As a matter of interest does yours also make the atty sit a little proud/high, i.e. a little gap between?

mmmmm I seem to be replying to myself stupid bugger.
@Donald Trump's fister I think I have resolved the issue now.
Your comment about the 510 pin sticking got me to thinking that maybe juice had found it's way into it and was gumming the works up, so out with the WD40 and a drop inside, cleaned it up, wacked a Kayfun Mini on and hey presto it seems to be working fine now.
Thanks bud :)

mmmmm I seem to be replying to myself stupid bugger.
@Donald Trump's fister I think I have resolved the issue now.
Your comment about the 510 pin sticking got me to thinking that maybe juice had found it's way into it and was gumming the works up, so out with the WD40 and a drop inside, cleaned it up, wacked a Kayfun Mini on and hey presto it seems to be working fine now.
Thanks bud :)
Hi, great news then and glad you got it sorted. Yes that often can be the problem on all mods if they get a build up of juice down the side of the 510 pin, leading to it sticking and also not making good electrical contact. I usually clean all my mods 510's fairly regularly with some isopropyl alcohol on a cotton bud, as there always seems to be a build up of condensation etc over time. Anyway glad you got it sorted and can enjoy your vape now. All the best

Back
Top Bottom