What's new

DNA theming

allen

Postman
HI all

Now I've got a few 75s, I regrettably admit I am looking to add custom themes to make them pretty. I thought I'd share a few useful links I found:

https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/show-off-your-custom-screens-7512757?&trail=75 has loads of examples of what people have made and shared for others to use.

***post #2 shares a "Zip file which contains an Adobe Photoshop file, includes 2 layers, single text, 2 line text, for creating your custom designs"***

***post #75 gives easy instructions on how to create 128x32 images using ms paint***
"Create a template in ms paint 2800x706 pixels you can shrink it to whatever size you like to work with after.
Now you can either type what you want, or paint what you want.
Or go to google and type what your looking for, say "white skulls on a black background" and check images tab, steal what you want by right clicking and save as, to where ever your stuff is saved.
Find a new image you like, right click and open with ms paint, use the selection tool and select it.
Right click your selection and cut.
Now paste onto your template.
Move it around, stretch it, when your ready click outside your template and there it is.
Add more, or words, or paint or whatever your heart desires.
Then resize the finished thing to 128x32pixels.
Save as.jpg or .png call it what its replacing or whatever you want"

that post also includes a link to a video including a section on this (starting around 28:08 mins in)

Next, here's a link for a thread from someone who made an .exe app for creating simple images.
the link also includes really clear instructions on using it

https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/custom-theme-image-gen-application-7816684?&trail=15

Has anyone got anything interesting on these lines they can share too please?
(e.g. a POTV logo bootup image)

HI all

Now I've got a few 75s, I regrettably admit I am looking to add custom themes to make them pretty. I thought I'd share a few useful links I found:

https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/show-off-your-custom-screens-7512757?&trail=75 has loads of examples of what people have made and shared for others to use.

***post #2 shares a "Zip file which contains an Adobe Photoshop file, includes 2 layers, single text, 2 line text, for creating your custom designs"***

***post #75 gives easy instructions on how to create 128x32 images using ms paint***
"Create a template in ms paint 2800x706 pixels you can shrink it to whatever size you like to work with after.
Now you can either type what you want, or paint what you want.
Or go to google and type what your looking for, say "white skulls on a black background" and check images tab, steal what you want by right clicking and save as, to where ever your stuff is saved.
Find a new image you like, right click and open with ms paint, use the selection tool and select it.
Right click your selection and cut.
Now paste onto your template.
Move it around, stretch it, when your ready click outside your template and there it is.
Add more, or words, or paint or whatever your heart desires.
Then resize the finished thing to 128x32pixels.
Save as.jpg or .png call it what its replacing or whatever you want"

that post also includes a link to a video including a section on this (starting around 28:08 mins in)

Next, here's a link for a thread from someone who made an .exe app for creating simple images.
the link also includes really clear instructions on using it

https://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/custom-theme-image-gen-application-7816684?&trail=15

Has anyone got anything interesting on these lines they can share too please?
(e.g. a POTV logo bootup image)

A really easy and useful 7 minute YouTube tutorial below for making your own screens in MS Paint too :). I've been meaning to make my own for bloody ages, but just haven't found the time/motivation lol ;).

When I got my first DNA as well, I found a wee load screen under the "show off your custom screens" thread that says "Wolf Mode" with a wee pic of a Wolf lol. I have that loaded onto most of mine lol ;). There's also another one with an "Arctic" logo and I thought about having them load in order to obviously read "Arctic - Wolf Mode" on the two load screens pmsl, but they're completely different fonts and designs so may have looked odd.

Hopefully one of these days I'll get around to it and find a font I like that looks OK on the actual DNA screen ;). Have also been considering a POTV load screen with the SoA reaper on it too if it actually came out OK with such a massive reduction in size lol.

planet2.png

I rearranged it a bit for a nice fit - but hows this?

(@Rob - I understand branding is important, is this okay?)

Last edited:
Nice one.....can't wait to try and play arround.
Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom