What's new

how to know what percentage of flvour to use?

jk1912

Postman
im new to juice making made a 50ml bottle up lastnight following what recipe i hd. and tasted great.

but i wana try strawberry and pineapple tonight just to see what it would taste like.

but how do i know what percentage or ml to put into the juice i dont want one overpowering the other? is it just trial and error?

Trial and error mostly chief.
Have a look thro' e-liquidrecipes.com and see what others have done. That'll give you a starting point.

Trial and error mostly chief.
Have a look thro' e-liquidrecipes.com and see what others have done. That'll give you a starting point.

thought that. havent seen many strawerry and pineapple recipes about tho lol which i think will taste great

Best make up a few 10ml testers, one 50/50, two say 75/20 and a couple at 60/40.
One of them is bound to be close to adequate....

For sure see what others have used as ratios in recipes and hazard a guess from there, that's how I sussed a couple out.

If I'm mixing up a couple of flavours that I'm not sure of ratios, I make some small samples up of them on their own & then mix them together in my tank to see what ratio works the best.

i made one up 10 percent pinapple alone tastes ok could be stronger tho so ill add a wee bit more too it when i get home

Following a recipe is a great way of finding out about flavours but as we all too well know taste is subjective. There is no fast track really so as has previously been said its trial and error. A good way is to start at 5%, taste that and if too strong drop by 1% if too weak increase by 5%, too strong drop by 1% increments until you hit your sweet spot. Again if too week at the 10% then increase again by 5% and repeat.
It may seem long winded but you will reap the benefits in your mixes. It has taken me a long time to get comfortable in knowing what works but I am in no way an expert and every mix every flavour is a learning curve but it is addictive! LOL

Back
Top Bottom