What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

RDA For 50w Mod?

gregor1205

Hello all, i have been using a smok h priv mini 50w kit recently with the stock brit beast tank it came with and have been slightly disappointed with the flavour it is producing (using the 0.15ohm baby x4 coils) And was wondering if anyone could recommend me an RDA to use with the mod? Also what sort of coils i should build (or buy prebuilt) that would make the most out of the mods 50w power limit? Any help is appreciated.

There's so many RDA's I wouldn't like to recommend really as I'm not experienced with that many, but if you build to about 0.5 - 0.6 ohms you'll be fine on a 50w mod.

The Dotmod Petri and the Recoil with the smaller airflow cap work well at lower wattages.
Like @simong said build .4/.5 ish and I reckon you'd get a nice tasty vape.

I've got a Mad Hatter and the Tsunami and I have to say I really rate the Tsunami (I may be alone there but hey ho ).
I use two micro coils in it anywhere between 0.6 and 0.8 and run it between 30 and 35 watts and find it really nice. As you can tell I'm not into warm vapes. We each have our own way of vaping so recommending things like this is difficult.

I know there's barely a thread that doesn't mention it. But again the hadaly is a cracker for flavour. A single 0.5 coil is where it's comfortable so 30w is about the max required. That should give plenty of battery life.

At 50w you probably won't be wanting anything too airy if you're looking for flavour , I'd look at 22mm RDA's myself like the Dotmod Petri v2 , Wotofo Sapor v1 and the Freakshow V2 , Aeolus Lite , 22mm Goon would be OK too , I use one on a 50w squonker and it works well.

The unity dripper is a good choice for the price, you can pick it up from ecigwizard for less than a tenner. It's a three post design and you won't be able to fit anything larger than 24g wire but it really shines at about .7 ohms with a dual 26g build in it, at around 30w

A 22mm Tsunami or a little Wotofo Sapor V1 as has been mentioned in 2 seperate posts would work well ;).

I use both with TC coils which in general isn't using a huge amount of wattage for some average 0.6 ohm (dual) or higher builds :). They can both be adjusted for quite a restrictive airflow to work well with smaller builds and both RDA's are great for flavour and they're reasonably priced as well.

Happy hunting :).

Back
Top Bottom