What's new

The British are number one !

Might just be me, but I found the 'so-called' before vaping a bit condescending. Maybe it's just the way these journos write.

I'd also say that the obscene amount of tax British tobacco users are forced to pay in shops compared to other countries in Europe might be a contributing factor ...!

Might just be me, but I found the 'so-called' before vaping a bit condescending. Maybe it's just the way these journos write.

I'd also say that the obscene amount of tax British tobacco users are forced to pay in shops compared to other countries in Europe might be a contributing factor ...!

It most certainly is something we have to face. I mean most packs now cost well over £7 - a few brands are under that price range but they're crap. I mean seriously they're really bad. They go around serious price hikes for the last few years with only providing 19 cigs in a pack or less (lowest usually is 17) but with the new EU TPD coming into force, prices are rising and set to rise dramatically.

Not only that but with vaping becoming more normal and far more socially acceptable than conventional cigarette use, people are making the switch very fast.

"Journalist" = "my boss has told me to write something before 10am or I'm fired... better make some shit up!"
One of the smokers at work is finally thinking of quitting because the average 20 pack of cancer sticks will be hitting the £10 mark at the next tax grab... lets just hope the greedy bastards don't say "all the ex-smokers now vape and tax revenues are down, we'd better tax the vapers out of existence instead"

Back
Top Bottom