What's new

New rule announced on the advertising of electronic cigarettes

It could indeed but isnt specifically targeted for that.. so hopefully it will get aroind and exploit that as a loophole

Nope - advertising at sports events is caught by the regs due to the cross-border potential, that has been made very clear. The CAP code has just been released and it seem to me like most of the industry is working towards compliance by May this year, that is likely to be when people will get contacted about ads that contravene the legislation.

We have had a few emails back and forth with CAP to clarify some of the wording and see if there are any routes around it. We need to make sure that we are within the law come May and we still have a few things that we are exploring.

With or without advertising POTV isn't going anywhere :)

Ive just read all that an its incredibly bored me an i dont understand Most of It, regardless it made me angry so i dont like the look of It :(

Right, that is pretty clearly unclear lol.

This part specifically I found a bit hard to get my head around-"Marketers can no longer place ads for unlicensed, nicotine-containing e-cigarettes or their component products in print media or online. Although marketers may continue to advertise non-nicotine products they will not be able to cross-promote nicotine-containing products in media subject to the rule."

So, I understand that unlicensed products can not be promoted in ads in print or online. The only thing I am unsure of is what will fall into that category, will it be ego style pens, or all mods, tanks etc? I am just unsure what constitutes a nicotine containing product- is this just juice, or mods, tanks and other accessories?

So does this mean for example on here, adverts for TPD compliant products will be fine, but something that has not passed the 6 month testing period would not be allowed?

makes you laugh that i used to be a member of a "tropical plant" growing forum (cough) which is still up and running, it has loads of adverts all over it from uk companies that sell seeds and hydroponic equipment . they even give away packets of seeds for their plant of the month competition!

makes you laugh that i used to be a member of a "tropical plant" growing forum (cough) which is still up and running, it has loads of adverts all over it from uk companies that sell seeds and hydroponic equipment . they even give away packets of seeds for their plant of the month competition!
Thought the law allows growing but not cultivating ie they have to prove intent to use for recreational purposes?

Thought the law allows growing but not cultivating ie they have to prove intent to use for recreational purposes?

I don't know about nowadays but it used to be a offence as soon as you germinate the seed . So the companies are knowingly advertising on websites that promote and advise on an illegal use of their products .
The forums are not hosted in the UK though so that has got to be a workaround
If the powers that be haven't gone after these companies then surely they are not going to bother coming after vaping companies unless it is a policy driven by pharma and tobacco..

Seeds and hydroponic equipment are not illegal, until you put them together to produce a plant, same as 100ml of zero nic juice and a bottle of nic are not a tpd ruled but a 30ml bottle of 3mg juice is. same as several chemicals are legal until they are mixed and cooked to create crystal meth.

i have never heard of anyone dying from the effects of tropical plants yet they are illegal but Tobacco kills millions and its legal.
Tax Tax Tax VAT VAT VAT, they are why hydroponics are not illegal, hydroponics could also be used to grow any type of plant although the cost would be rather a lot for no gain at all.

No matter what rules are put in place there will always be either a way round them or they will get disobeyed. There are way to many stupid faffing rules which all need sweeping away imo, Some crimes need more enforcement but don't get it because of all the faff and red tape, until the Governments realise this then nothing will change. It is all just a life of scams by those in charge hiding behind BS to justify things.
Corruption is rife and will be forever.

Back
Top Bottom