What's new

New rule announced on the advertising of electronic cigarettes

So far as POTV goes, it may be that ads should only be shown once logged in to be in line with this "actively seeking" nonsense which goes against the whole idea of the "information society" where everything interacts with minimal input.
Sadly, there will no doubt be jobsworths itching to set precedents and nab the unwary advertisers I suppose.
Why can't they just leave us alone ...

I am thinking we should all complain to the Advertising Authority ( https://www.asa.org.uk ) that we object strongly to products like Nicorette being allowed to advertised on TV, yet E-cigs, juices and mods are not.
I think if the ASA were to open their postbags to a few thousand complaints they may have second thoughts, If not, at least we have given them something to think about.

Nicorette and other forms of NRT are licensed I believe, vaping products are not. That's the big difference.

So far as POTV goes, it may be that ads should only be shown once logged in to be in line with this "actively seeking" nonsense which goes against the whole idea of the "information society" where everything interacts with minimal input.
Sadly, there will no doubt be jobsworths itching to set precedents and nab the unwary advertisers I suppose.
Why can't they just leave us alone ...

Logged in or not it would prob be seen as promotional marketing online.....seeking factual info, like say wikipedia (I know full of shit and lots of inaccuracies) but none the less a place to actively seek facts, without a shit load of adverts......only saying

I'm sure advertisers can get round prohibitions, "we sell juice and lots of it" is pretty factual, "our gear is good" is pretty factual etc, 30,000 apes could stand up and be counted to agree if there was a complaint ;)
We should see this quango bullshit as a challenge!

Just noticed a major UK Vape Vendor using an LED banner ad at a Premier League Football match, so that must be allowed?

Just noticed a major UK Vape Vendor using an LED banner ad at a Premier League Football match, so that must be allowed?
Well.. its advertising but not advertising in broadcast media.. or in print form or on the internet... so currently falls outside of the rules... wonder how long for?

Well.. its advertising but not advertising in broadcast media.. or in print form or on the internet... so currently falls outside of the rules... wonder how long for?

But could go out on air by tv coverage so hope it stays or increases because it makes a nonsense of the other rules.

But could go out on air by tv coverage so hope it stays or increases because it makes a nonsense of the other rules.
It could indeed but isnt specifically targeted for that.. so hopefully it will get aroind and exploit that as a loophole

Back
Top Bottom