What's new

Does Kanthal go off?

I gave it a good rinse but wasn't overly thorough with it. I tried to get the coils over the holes but thought I shouldn't let the coils actually touch the hole surround as it would ground through the deck

Tooting on it now it's getting better - if it is old juice jabz needs to get himself some new tastebuds.

I know it's not the cotton as I tried a build with some voodoo wool silica rope on it and it was the same

You have to match the positioning of your coils to each other so tweak the wonky one

Have you got all the machine oil of the rta. Sometimes this can take hours. That's the source of most nasty flavours. I've had to disassemble every part of a kayfun 4 before. No easy task it has more parts than the death star. Scrub them all with washing up liquid rinse. Milton. Soak in vodka and rinse again. Took forever. But it worked. Even a small amount of machine oil in a screw thread can ruin a vape.

Cheers guys- I wasn't dry burning the coils enough before wicking them so all that nasty burny shit was going straight down me wind pipe.

Bought some Clapton wire on a whim in an LFS which was way too thick to get a decent build onto each side of the little billow v2 deck (kept shorting against the chimney) managed anyhow and it came out at 0.3ohm so cranked the little cool fire 4+ up and a few hours later remembered why I don't really sub ohm as I looked down to a near empty battery.

Anyone know where I can get really small gauge Clapton wire like 28/30 awg?

Took it off and went back to me kanthal got a couple of good neat coils on sitting at 1.6 ohm between them (perfect for me) and at 16 watt I could take on any cloud chaser, full of flavour and the charge will last days

Can't believe I've left it so long to get an RTA - come payday I'm after either a griffin or aromomiser

Cheers guys- I wasn't dry burning the coils enough before wicking them so all that nasty burny shit was going straight down me wind pipe.

Bought some Clapton wire on a whim in an LFS which was way too thick to get a decent build onto each side of the little billow v2 deck (kept shorting against the chimney) managed anyhow and it came out at 0.3ohm so cranked the little cool fire 4+ up and a few hours later remembered why I don't really sub ohm as I looked down to a near empty battery.

Anyone know where I can get really small gauge Clapton wire like 28/30 awg?

Took it off and went back to me kanthal got a couple of good neat coils on sitting at 1.6 ohm between them (perfect for me) and at 16 watt I could take on any cloud chaser, full of flavour and the charge will last days

Can't believe I've left it so long to get an RTA - come payday I'm after either a griffin or aromomiser
One other thing I noticed from that build pic - You need to make sure you get your coils positioned so that the airflow hits them directly from underneath - or with mods that have side airflow from the side and / or slightly underneath...

If the Kanthal looked like clean wire then it shouldn't be that. You can hammer kanthal coils, use them, dry burn them, use them again etc so after a few goes on it even if there is slight oxidation of the metal it will be gone very quickly.

Not as good taste as your Triton - what coils have you got in that one? Is it the clapton ones? They will produce a bit more flavour.

What tank have you got your own coils in?
I've never come across with this problem, maybe the cotton you're using

Back
Top Bottom