What's new

Griffin 25 - very minor leaking?

I do close off the juice flow and bottom air flow when filling :) I meant maybe I'm unscrewing something unintentionally whilst opening/closing the juice flow?

Sorry mate I get what you mean, :2thumbsup: The Griffin is a bitch, but it will serve you well when you tame it.

Also asked on Reddit, seems I'm not the only one with this problem. Apparently there's something in the deck/air flow base that is press-fit and not quite perfect. Makes sense.

Extremely frustrating for me as everything else about this tank is absolute perfection. I'm wondering why this isn't a more common problem or maybe just a batch issue.

Makes me think then maybe the problems might have been solved when they released the Griffin 25 plus, I have a plus but not used it yet, still chugging away with the original 25.

Also asked on Reddit, seems I'm not the only one with this problem. Apparently there's something in the deck/air flow base that is press-fit and not quite perfect. Makes sense.

Extremely frustrating for me as everything else about this tank is absolute perfection. I'm wondering why this isn't a more common problem or maybe just a batch issue.

I think I saw something about this a while back where someone tapped their Griffin with a lump hammer to properly press fit

I've got 4 clones, 3 will weep whilst the one is solid as a rock

Just issued a refund. Pretty sick of a ring of juice constantly appearing on my mod at the base of the tank. I do really, really like this tank though so I ordered the Griffin 25 plus as a replacement :)

Unfortunately I'm having the exact same issue with this Griffin 25 Plus so they can also have that back too. Think I'm done with Geekvape tanks now which is a shame, but I'm just not having pools of juice constantly appearing ontop of my mod, no matter how small they are.

Unfortunately I'm having the exact same issue with this Griffin 25 Plus so they can also have that back too. Think I'm done with Geekvape tanks now which is a shame, but I'm just not having pools of juice constantly appearing ontop of my mod, no matter how small they are.

That's a shame, I've fallen in love again with the Griffin this week. I just make sure I leave it off a mod when it's not in use just to be safe :D

Have you given the Avocado a look? It's pretty much leak proof unless you leave it upside down for a week

That's a shame, I've fallen in love again with the Griffin this week. I just make sure I leave it off a mod when it's not in use just to be safe :D

Have you given the Avocado a look? It's pretty much leak proof unless you leave it upside down for a week

To be honest mate, if you've not experienced any slow leaks from this thing yet then you was one of the lucky ones that received a properly made unit. Tons of other people have this same issue I noticed once I really looked into it and I refuse to take a wooden hammer to the build deck as suggested - why should I?

Don't really like the look of the Avocado. I'm now looking at either a Cleito or the iJoy limitless XL.

So I got a Griffin 25 (25mm) a couple of days ago and it's a great tank - really happy with it.

However, there seems to be a minor leaking issue just above the bottom air flows - isn't actually coming out of the air flows but occasionally seeps a tiny bit out of the moving part just above the air flows.

Anyone else own this tank and had the same issue? If so, how did you fix it?
tapatalk_jpeg_1456202334539.jpg
Dont have the Griff 25 but do have the Griff 22mm seen here..
I too was having a slight leaking issue until I made sure none of the cotton was touching the edge of the airholes.. This pic was taken before a flavor/cotton change after vaping about 150mls of juice thru it..no leaks, no dry hits either..Griffin is a great tank for sure, :)

When it's on a mod, if you try to wiggle the top is there a minor amount of play between the glass and the AFC ring? If so;

The bases are press fit.

1) strip the tank down so you're just left with the base/deck

2) take the 510 pin out

3) place the base on a solid surface, 510 up

4) gently tap with a rubber mallet/heavy implement

Back
Top Bottom