What's new

Charging a Cool Fire IV+ in a car

thevdm

Initiate
This isn't so much a guide, more guidance on charging a Cool Fire IV+ in a car.

Anybody who owns a Cool Fire device has probably noticed that it states NOT to use a car charger in the instruction manual. After contacting Innokin regarding this their response was:

Dear James,

Thank you for contacting us.

The reason why we do not recommend to charge the device with car charger is that the output of car charger could be incompatible and sometimes unstable.

The Cool Fire IV plus shall be charged with compatible quality DC5V/1A or DC5V/2A adaptor.

Best regards,
Zac

So the reason this is stated in the manual is due to a number of cheap USB car chargers on the market that are unregulated. In theory it should be safe to charge a Cool Fire device in a car as long as you know that your USB charger is a regulated device.

This isn't so much a guide, more guidance on charging a Cool Fire IV+ in a car.

Anybody who owns a Cool Fire device has probably noticed that it states NOT to use a car charger in the instruction manual. After contacting Innokin regarding this their response was:

So the reason this is stated in the manual is due to a number of cheap USB car chargers on the market that are unregulated. In theory it should be safe to charge a Cool Fire device in a car as long as you know that your USB charger is a regulated device.

Yes :) Although you probably figured that about 3 weeks ago :)

My car charger has 2 USB ports. One is 2.4A for my phone and the other is 1A for my mod

Back
Top Bottom