What's new

All Over Facebook - Andrew Hall

rawhead

Achiever
The wife just pointed me towards this one on Facebook, a guy claiming that his mech blew up in his face for absolutely no reason - warning, somewhat graphic pics

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.hall.3910?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

There's a little detail but not much, LG HG2 battery, twisted messes RDA. Some incongruities too - he states that his shop fit his coils for him, no marks on his hands...

1484585284303.png

I'm not going to look, but everyone should know that a mech is not going to be as safe as a regulated mod with all the added protection that brings.

To me it's like riding without a motorcycle helmet, which imo you should be free to do, but don't grizzle if you come off and smash your skull.

"He didnt know the ohm of the coils"

Same coils for a year!

Obviously has zero idea as the shop put the coils in for him.

Piss take!

Very little sympathy for anyone who uses a mech without a proper understanding of how to stay safe. Stupid people should just continue smoking anyway.

There's no way I'd let some eejit in a shop put coils in for me, I like to know what ohms they are and that they are secure. Can't think of a time I've had coils in for that long and i use gennies and one could last months but not a whole year.
The shop have to take some responsibility for selling a mech to someone that hadn't a fucking clue what they were doing in the first place.

No doubt they have flogged him some nicy fancy coils aswell proberly big fat flaptons under 0.2 a pair.

Going off his facebook post, he was using a twisted messes rda, hybrid mech & LG HG2s.

Wouldnt be suprised if it was a fake HG2 he was using rated about 6amps.

Well, in balance, let's say this for the shop ... he used their coils for a year without them causing a problem. He blew up his own coils. Chances are therefore that the shop gave him a safe build. Who knows what the shop said to him and he then either ignored or forgot, who knows what battery safety literature they gave him and he lost or binned?

This comes down primarily to personal responsibility, whatever the shop did or did not do is pure conjecture.

Back
Top Bottom