What's new

Dual coiled Kayfun 5

Ment

Legend
This is a dual SS317 buiild, 26awg, 6 wraps each 2.4mm ID, 0.2ohms.

Quite tricky to install as in this direction the post screws get in the way, but although this isn't the best build I've had both coils are firing perfectly.

k501.jpg

k502.jpg

I can see no airflow restricter in there - are you lung hitting this? What power / wattage and temp are you running it at @Ment?

I can see no airflow restricter in there - are you lung hitting this? What power / wattage and temp are you running it at @Ment?

The restricter is on there, I have used it without but it looks really ugly. Fully open it's a passable DTL, and this build gives so much flavour it's worth a little restriction.

I run this at 45-50 watts in power mode.

This is a dual SS317 buiild, 26awg, 6 wraps each 2.4mm ID, 0.2ohms.

Quite tricky to install as in this direction the post screws get in the way, but although this isn't the best build I've had both coils are firing perfectly.

View attachment 115242
View attachment 115243
Well Ment a big thank you from me, as you can see I've copied your idea with Stainless Steel Clapton and my Kayfun's back in the flavor race.It was losing out to new arrivals, a Digiflavor, and a Steamcrave, now it's on a par, fanfuckingtastic flavor and in temp control lovely warm vape. How did you come up with the idea? Were you smoking opium in a Harem in Zanzibar? Did inspiration strike atop Frankenstein's tower in the tumult of a thunderstorm? Honestly I would never have thought of that. Only one thing though, will the new build stop the Kayfun looking like the Burj Khalifa on top of my mod?

Attachments

• Kayfun-Dual.jpg
    Kayfun-Dual.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 339
Nothing so exotic. The nearest I've been to a harem was a record shop by that name.

It's not so towering on big mods, and looks great on the SX Mini, specially with the nice drip tip from FT:

k503.jpg

Nothing so exotic. The nearest I've been to a harem was a record shop by that name.

It's not so towering on big mods, and looks great on the SX Mini, specially with the nice drip tip from FT:

View attachment 115590
Your right, the SX Mini seems to stop it towering somehow, on the subject of drip tips the stock one dosen't IMO work for the Kayfun (on some tanks as you know the drip tip can make a big difference), funnily enough the supplied delrin drip tip that comes with the Digiflavor Siren works a treat on the Kayfun. Its got a wide bore a the bottom and a small bore at the top, this ups the temperature of the vape and adds flavor, thing is I've Googled high and low to find it and no joy; even on FT which is the sorce of all drip tips in the universe, (unless you go custom) I wouldn't have thought it was made exclusively made for Digiflavor so the search continues.

Your right, the SX Mini seems to stop it towering somehow, on the subject of drip tips the stock one dosen't IMO work for the Kayfun (on some tanks as you know the drip tip can make a big difference), funnily enough the supplied delrin drip tip that comes with the Digiflavor Siren works a treat on the Kayfun. Its got a wide bore a the bottom and a small bore at the top, this ups the temperature of the vape and adds flavor, thing is I've Googled high and low to find it and no joy; even on FT which is the sorce of all drip tips in the universe, (unless you go custom) I wouldn't have thought it was made exclusively made for Digiflavor so the search continues.

You're right, the supplied drip tips are terrible, but they've come in useful for converting some non-fitting Cleito tips into 510s's.

I'll look out for the Siren ones.

I've found the small Dotmod Drip tips are perfect, a little on the tight side to fit but perfect for the maximun width possible on the Kayfun 5.
IMG_0847.jpg

Back
Top Bottom