What's new

Tips for new vapers

shadowvaper

Postman
I know I have only been vaping for 3 months but thought I pass tips on so more likely keep of fags from my mistakes and f ups
1. If mod takes batteries make sure have spare set I spent eveing poping mine in out charger so I could vape
2. Have second option to vape from if your main device is out action so less chance running to shops by fags for nicotine fix
3. Keep spare coils and tanks so get the best vaping experience learn how take tank apart fit the coils instead of needing go vape shop every time you need new coil as b and m shop will charge more for coils than online
I am sure more tips will provide by more experience vapers out there who no more than I do good luck guys

My piece of advice is that you can never have too many mods, RDAs, or tanks, and you can never have too many flavours of eliquid.

As @shadowvaper says if you are going to stay off the fags you do need a backup of everything that you require for your vaping, stuff can and will go wrong with kit at some time.

However, before you go getting a backup and a backup for the backup, you have to find some kit that works for you and get the right strength of nicotine in it.

I personally would not advise diving in at the deep end, spending a lot of money on complicated kit. Regard your first setup as something that may well end up being your backup device once you understand more about vaping. The most important thing when giving up the fags is to have a device that delivers enough nicotine that it takes away your craving for a fag. The sort of devices listed as starter kits on this site http://myepack.co.uk/kits.html should be able to do the job for most people. Ask here for more help in making your choice if you want. Watch youtube videos on kit that takes your fancy.

Once you have chosen your kit you have to find a juice flavour that you like, this may involve testing quite a few flavours. You buy this juice in the strongest strength that you do not find too harsh for you. Lower nic juice is smoother, but while breaking your baccy habit go for the stronger stuff
!8mg for starters, if you have been a heavy smoker. Once you have stopped smoking or if 18mg is too strong then drop to 12mg. Some shops let you test juices, if you can find one then that will save you from buying juice you do not like or that is too strong for you.

Once you have found that vaping is working for you start thinking about your backup system, read up on this forum see what kit people are talking about, watch more videos. If your first setup is working for you you may want to get more of the same or you may want to try something different.

• Put in a bit of time doing some research into how the kit you've bought works. Youtube is very useful.
  • There is no 'best' bit of kit/juice/wicking/coil/power setting.
  • Keep your threads clean.
  • Always have plenty good quality batteries and a damned good charger. And carry cases for the batteries.

If your other half vapes, say goodbye to some of your kit! :D

Respect your batteries :

• Don't buy cheap
  • Never carry them loose
  • Don't leave charging batteries unattended
  • Check your wraps

For new vapers...

Have a variety of flavours to vape, it'll help avoid vapers tongue/loss of flavour early on - lots of peeps start off on overly sweet US juices that can desensitize the tastebuds very quickly.
Drink more water than you usually would - vaping can be thirsty work and dehydration is common.
Join PotV, read, read and ask all the 'silly' questions you're too embarrassed to ask in your local vape store...read some more to learn about how your kit works and how to get the best out of it.
Be patient with yourself, vaping isn't a magic bullet when it comes to quitting the ciggies - it comes close but you'll still need to exercise some degree of determination and will power to get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom