What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

iOS POTV app - waste of space

Slanger

Achiever
Hi just a quick note on any idea how to reduce the size of the app.

It was at about 800MB - 1GB before I deleted cache (I would recommend this should be an automatic thing for the most part).

It is now about 400MB after the settings cache purge but this basically is still way too high after a cache clear.

Is there another cache to clear?

There is a new version of the app awaiting approval by the app store @sirwin - it's been there a good couple of weeks now so fingers crossed will be approved shortly. Not aware of a way of clearing any other cache on there at all. It could well be caching content, the easiest thing to do would be to remove and reinstall and see if that frees up any room. The app is a third party product unfortunately and we have zero control over it's development or performance.

I just don't see the point of using apps to access the forum with iOS. :)
Shortcut to the full forum on home page. Job done. No missing features, everything is where it should be, no twating about. :D

Hi just a quick note on any idea how to reduce the size of the app.

It was at about 800MB - 1GB before I deleted cache (I would recommend this should be an automatic thing for the most part).

It is now about 400MB after the settings cache purge but this basically is still way too high after a cache clear.

Is there another cache to clear?

I've just checked mines and the cache was 70 meg... As others have mentioned try re-installing it and keep your eye on it.

cheers

Gaz

Likewise, I'm with PhilTBA. I stopped using the app a while ago and just have the forum as my homepage on Chrome. This is on Android BTW....

I use iOS 99% of the time. Not quite perfect but for me it does the job. [emoji106]

Tried using via iOS browser and keep getting feed pops blocking the screen within seconds app is ok not as good as on browser on mac.

Will try uninstalling, thanks for getting back and helping me peps.

Last edited:
The only thing I notice as a problem when using POTV in safari on my iPad is that sometimes the threads load up with adverts over about a quarter of the text on the right hand side and I have to rotate my iPad to portrait to sort it :(

Back
Top Bottom