What's new

Kayfun Mini V3 [Clone] experience

Mertyn

Hi all I'm new to the forum - wall of text incoming!

No questions here, I've recently taken the jump to my first RTA, a clone Kayfun Mini v3, and wanted to share my experience of making the transition.

My style of vaping has always been MTL, very tight draw. I've been using a Nautilus mini for the past couple of years. I very recently got hold of a Nautilus X (brief review: nice flavour, 100% leak proof, somehow lacking compared to the Naut mini but will be a good backup).

There is just so much info online for RTA's now but I've been living in the Naut Mini bubble, it was very easy to get all the knowledge I needed on where to purchase, how to build etc.

My first experience with the Kayfun Mini was a bit of a disaster, I cleaned it in a bowl of hot water with some washing up liquid. Managed to make a not too bad coil on my first attempt and got it wicking properly. But the taste was completely muted and HORRIBLE. I got a huge headache and felt nauseous.

Further research suggested I needed to clean the tank much more thoroughly so I got hold of a cheap ultrasonic cleaner. These things are brilliant! I totally stripped down the Kayfun, including all screws, chucked in my Naut Mini for good measure and they all came out gleaming!

I built my new coil (28 gauge, 1.6 ohm), using a house RY4 50/50 liquid (i'm not very adventurous :)) on 11w. Airflow screw is practically the whole way in and one full turn on the liquid control (two turns = leak for me!).

No surprise to you guys but it's brilliant! I'm getting a lovely warm vape with tons of flavour. I may have to tone down the 12mg to 6mg as it appears to pack more of a punch than the Naut Mini.

In summary, it's been a great upgrade, i've a paired it with a Tesa Nano 60w (very pretty). Wire and cotton are super cheap compared to buying coils and I think so far it's a superior vaping experience for me. I got a Kayfun v5 mini clone (22mm) on a slow boat from China incoming so i'm looking forward to playing with that too.

My wife has been gifted my old Naut mini tank and she's amazed how much better it is than her cruddy clearomisers so we've all had a nice upgrade :2thumbsup:

If anyone is considering making the jump, the most important advice I can give from my brief experience is for the love of god clean new RTA's throughly!

if you like a tight draw you may find the V5 too airy but you can buy a reducer to tighten it up ;) still a great vape and easier to build on :2thumbsup:

if you like a tight draw you may find the V5 too airy but you can buy a reducer to tighten it up ;) still a great vape and easier to build on :2thumbsup:
I'm very happy with the V3 at the moment, building hasn't been a problem! Thought i'd give the V5 a try too, I did read it was airier. Any idea where I could get a reducer in the UK? Cheers

I'm very happy with the V3 at the moment, building hasn't been a problem! Thought i'd give the V5 a try too, I did read it was airier. Any idea where I could get a reducer in the UK? Cheers
I was massively disappointed with the v5, but I think the v3 is as good as it gets. Try building your coil to 1.2 and running at 12.5 watts next time. Tobacco seems to sing.

Back
Top Bottom