Innokin
What's new

I need help please

Smeg

Postman
Hi all
I'm feeling a little under pressure at the moment and thinking why oh why did I open my mouth !!
Here's my situation I got myself into !!
I'll not mention names but basically I work for a company that is the worlds biggest manufacturer of engines ( not the only thing they produce) with factories is 17 country's and supplying a global market with one factory here in the U.K. That I work at that runs almost 24 hours 7 days a week employing approximately 4000 staff , at this current time there is no guidelines or rules on the use of ecigs or vaping or anything written in the employee handbook about them it just covers smoking , now they are very keen and encourages all to live heathy when ever they can , at the end of the month ( this is when I really should of kept shut ) there is a Heath and safety meeting in which now thanks to me the use of ecigs is now on the agenda !!
Can any body supply me with links to reports , study's and government guides that I can give out to the people that need to make informed decisions on how the company can make guides and where needed rules on the use of ecigs around the factory and it's grounds

Thanks

Kev

Premier Ecigs
I'm fairly sure that, if you search this forum in the Health and Legal sections, you will find a wealth of posts aimed at the TPD proposals late last year and early this year.
The other UK Vaping Forums will also have a similar amount of info.
Sorry, but I'm too busy (or lazy?) to do the searching for you.

AcmeFog
Thank you @MrDJ that's fantastic and thank you @gouldenvape your input is appreciated and I know what you mean on the time side , having a family and working shifts is a juggling act lol

Kev

your welcome mate.
ive had the same problem. i work in a hospital and have to share the only smoking shelter with all the smokers.
ive now managed to get 12 people convert to vaping but im the only one with a big enough gob to stand upto the the powers that be but without backup im stuffed as they just wont listen even though ive explained nottingham hospital has turned over its ban on vaping on site for patients and staff.
health and safety team totally agree with me that we shouldnt have to share with the smokers but its written into contracts now that verbal, written and then disaplinary procedings will follow.

and these are posted everywhere

IMG_20150527_123029.jpg

Smoore
That's crap- lumping ECigs in with Cigarettes.
Mind you, we all know the odd Vapor who seems to relish blowing massive clouds, everywhere, just because they can.
Sometimes, a little bit of common sense would not go amiss, it's not surprising Joe Public equate E Cigs with stinky cigarettes, sometimes.

Vape Green
@MrDJ that's not on !! And it's probably down to an over worked ill informed bod in the trust that's not got the time to properly look into the the best way to deal with vaping and ecigs so it's easier and quicker just to lob it under the smoking banner , logic tells me if vaping would be allowed and controlled in places like a hospitals it would be better for staff from an abuse side with short tempers and cravings as well as helping people to give up and switch to vaping !! , oh hang on that would mean the powers that be would have to use common sense!! Lol

And @bigclaude nope RR is not as big as you would think it was lol

Kev

Back
Top Bottom