What's new

Was scared of batteries and high power mods. This thread changed it all.

Do you own the smok alien yourself?

• Total voters

Carty

Postman
(Note: I have changed the name on this thread, it was originally called "few questions about the smok alien" and then "Want to buy the smok alien, but scared of batteries and 220W". I have changed the title now in hope that new apes will visit it and get a piece of the extremely VALUABLE information I have received in this thread)

Hello guys,

Im new to this forum and this is my first post, so hello everyone :D

I was at my local vape shop today and almost cried when the smok alien was out of stock. I have been vaping for a couple of weeks and started with the ziggibox just to get something cheap to get me started. After reading and looking at videos, trying to learn abit of these more advanced mods, I have really really fell in love with the smok alien! Mostly because of the possibility for high wattage, and the ultra sexy display!

I have decided to order it from ukecigstore today, but I dont want to only order the mod. Any tips about what tanks & coils etc I should order in my initial order would be appreciated. Also, would the samsung 25r's be good enough starter batteries for me? Im almost terrified because of all the stuff out there about the need to be cautious with what batteries you put in and what settings you use on your vape with different batteries. ANY input at all is appreciated :)

Thank you very much in advance guys :)

EDIT:

I did not order it.. I have changed the title of this thread too. I am too worried about its capabilities and which batteries too pick. In all honesty I am abit scared of buying a device with is strong enough to put more demand on batteries than they can handle! I am in a pickle of what to do here. Might get the snowwolf mini tomorrow from my local shop

EDIT 2: ***WORTH READING IF YOU ARE NEW TO HIGH POWER VAPES AND BATTERIES***

Ok, so there has been a lot of changes in my mind. Wanted to order smok alien, changed my mind, decided to buy it from the local shop, changed my mind, and this repeated itself over and over lol. Then I made this thread, and I had NO knowledge of ANYTHING. All I had was my ziggibox 40W for like 2 weeks or something, but I wanted bigger clouds and more flavour so started doing research. I FREAKED out from all the horrorstories and it seemed so DIFFICULT to use one of these devices, because of all the volts, the amps, ohms god damn law and all this. If you, like me, are worried about batteries, which ones to choose, what settings are safe to use etc. PLEASE DO read this thread! I will admit I was COMPLETELY blank on the subject, i knew NOTHING and i was genuinely too worried about it all to even buy a new vape. This thread has taught me SO much, even tho I cant remember it all, its a brilliant reference thread to keep on your watch list or as a bookmark. The people on here knows their stuff, they really do! Please read trough the pages and have a look.

And for all you people scared about batteries, like I was, terrified actually, skip ebay, skip amazon. Just get them from @Ben fogstar! Brilliant quick service, prices seems to be really cheap compared to everything else I have seen and they test EVERY battery they sell as far as I know. He is constantly mentioned on this forum and this guy is definitely legit!! He even supplies you a protective case for your batteries. And I had a few questions, so I messaged him, and he replies fast and explains what you need to know in details! This guy is BANG ON! Definitely your go to guy for batteries. I have no relations with this guy and I am simply promoting him based on my own super experience and the brilliant service I got!

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to the Planet.

ive got 2 rad and blue aliens so far and will be selling 2 more mods to get a couple more.
perfect sized mod with plenty of power even though you dont have to use it. will be great with a mouth to lung tank at 14watts and wont need charging for days.
i als use samsung 25R's and they are perfect for this mod https://www.fogstar.co.uk/
now i hope you havnt ordered yet.
uk e cig store are less than a mile from me and are fine if you go in store but there are horror stories going back 2 years about really bad customer service when ordered online.

im using a crown 1 on one mod and a crown 2 on the other and i love these tanks. ive totally gone off smok tanks now and hardly use the tfv4 and the tfv8 has been used once and its back in the box never to be used again.

if you do decide to buy then why not go for the kit which has a tank included and is only roughly £8 more
the only other thing is to decide on which colour to go for.

i bought mine from vape potion but hes sold out again as its a best seller.
also worth checking out our recommended hardware suppliers on post 5 of this thread as you might find it cheaper https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...e-liquid-hardware-suppliers.78467/#post858319

I own one and it's a great bit of kit, I got mine from vape Inc for £50 delivered and that was for the kit. Im also very impressed with the tvf8 baby the flavours great and big clouds if your into that, my only gripe is the coils are naff after a few days so I bought the rba deck for it again from vape Inc £6 delivered.

I been reading and searching up information for litteraly 10 hours in a row now and my head is FRIED! I have decided to not buy anything like that yet. All the precautions with batteries has fried my head! I am not yet ready to buy a device that goes up to 200w because it is CAPABLE of f**king up the batteries or even exploding them. I am going to my local shop tomorrow and I might get the snow wolf mini as it is abit simpler. However, I dont know which version they have because I have seen them 70w, 80w and 90w and as far as i know one of them is only a limited version. I think the one they have is with a built in battery, but on youtube I have seen them with 1 x 18650 battery. Built in batteries is what I wanted to get a way from originally, as when the battery dies out, the device is dead and needs replaced.

The Smok Alien has too much possibilites and settings and when it comes to that I get a bit OCD :P I just want something with wattage up and down, that cannot go too high, since even on mooche's sheet of battery there is no battery I can use on 200w, I dont even know if I could vape on 200w, so having the opportunity seems pointless to me. I will move from the ziggibox to snowwolf mini tomorrow and stick with that for a couple of months and try and do some more research. I just wish someone could give me some proper information on how it would be to own something like the Smok Alien, since when I find information on my own I always seem to doubt it if I have done the proper research and it freaks me out lol. I think something with a max wattage of 70-90w (with or without built in battery) would be the optimal for me, and my crooked mind lol. You dont really need to go above 70-90 to get some proper clouds anyway. Big clouds is what I want, but I am no professional cloud chaser so I dont need the best of equipment lol. All I am able to do is blow O's and carefully push them forward with my hand haha..

I've had one since Thursday and ordered from ukecigstore with no issues at all (opted for next day delivery which was spot on).
It was an upgrade from the Kanger Topbox kit and my god what an upgrade...it's amazing!!!
I'm using the TFV8 baby tank as I got the kit, it's a thirsty little bugger but I'm not a heavy vaper and always carry a bottle with me just in case so that's a non issue for me.
I have had a little issue with getting slight burning tastes from the Dual coil if I chain vape or take a long inhale (when I want to look like a dragon lol) but after slightly pricking two of the juice holes it's been great.
I've only been vaping for a couple of months so I'm very new to everything and haven't ventured into rebuildables but possibly will in the next few weeks.
I'm using Samsung 25r and LG HG2's and both have been excellent!! I've only just put the LG's in as the Samsung batteries from Thursday morning until around 3pm today.

I really want it too, only thing that worries me is what happens if you use the samsung 25r or hg2 with too high wattage? Is the Smok alien capable of overdemanding these batteries? And if so, does it take alot? I cannot buy such a device before i feel safe about these kind of things haha.. But yea i can imagine it is amazing! it looks sooo good!!

its good to be cautious.
all these reports youve heard about exploding batteries and all that malarky are normally down to user error and nothing to do with the mod at all. the many that have been reported are people putting spare batteries in their pocket with keys and coins and as soon as a high power battery shorts it vents and explodes. a simple plastic carry box which a lot of suppliers give you for free is all thats needed.

ive now got 2 alien mods, a h priv 220w, xucube ultra 220w, rx200 and many more and i dont go above 60watts.
i bought the tfv8 and limitless xl which coils are rated at 215w and i dont like them much so both reboxed and ready to sell.

so youve taken the right decission on getting what you think will suite you best.

shinyitis sure is a bugger :D

IMG_20161103_215142.jpg

Relax. Perfectly safe. Make sure your batteries are good (Samsung 25Rs already mentioned but stick with Samsung, LG or Sony for 20 or 20A batteries, don't buy other makes).
Smok have a good reputation, this is a big selling mod and any issues with it would have surfaced by now.
I don't use this one but any regulated mod will refuse to fire if the battery power is not up to the wattage - you'll get a message like "weak battery".

Shit thats some collection MrDJ!! Yea i know its usually user errors. Which is why I am trying to learn as much as i can to avoid being a user who does an error lol..
@mannikon So if i put in the 25r or sony vtc4 (using these as an example because genuine ones of these are easy available to me fast) in the smok alien and put it up to 200w to have an occasional huge hit, i would not damage the batteries? I would like to vape at around 60-80 with my every day vaping, and i vape quite alot..

@mannikon What has me worried about buying batteries is the amps.. Ive seen rip tripper on youtube clicking on the firing button just to show some stuff on his smok alien and its straight up to like 19-20 amps on around 60-70w or whatever he had.. does that mean a for example a 15A batter would not work then? or get damaged as i use it? or require me to go even lower than 60-70w?? I really struggle to get this damnit :(

Back
Top Bottom