What's new

Giving up the fags won't actually prevent Cancer

My grandfather smoked 40 Capstan full strength a day from being 11 - He died from falling down stairs while pissed aged 94. If you're gonna go, you're gonna go. E-cigs are about reducing the harm we're doing to ourselves now, nothing can undo the choices of our past (Not even time travel - since if you change your past you change who you are).
Lifes Journey.jpg

Think switching to vaping we are not avoiding cancer, just not increasing our chances of getting it.

this is no news to me, I am fully aware that some though not all of the damage smoking does will never go away, the only thing we can do is avoid doing more damage or at least minimise it by vaping instead of smoking.
having said that the fact that we may die of some smoking related ailment people need to realise that vaping is not the cause.
I already had this discussion on a news page comments section with nurse who automatically blamed vaping for a mans cancer without realising that the cancer was likely due to the smoking he did before he started vaping and not the vaping itself.

I started vaping because I could carefully do it at work whilst being immobile. I had to stay in the same place for the best part of 9 hours straight. I might be able to leave for 5 minutes to go do something work related a couple times a day but other than that, as a 20 a day smoker, I was screwed.
Once my duty free baccy ran out on 20th August 2015 after me honeymoon, I decided to pack it up. Baccy's expensive nowadays and I already had a couple of vaping devices to fall back on. I'd be lying to you if I said I hadn't smoked the odd snout here and there over the last year and half(ish) whilst pissed. Never smoked one sober. but all in all, maximum, 10 since I "gave up."

Why am I telling you this? My motivations were monetary. I ran out of cheap baccy and didn't want to buy more. I didn't switch because of health concerns, even though I can feel a lot of health benefits from giving up the snout. I didn't think about my future or any of that. It was because I already had some vape devices and I'll be damned if 90-odd percent of what I'm paying for baccy is government tax. Sod that. (True: Back in 2006 you'd buy a box of Marlboro lights for about 5 and half quid. In Kiev, Ukraine I bought the same things for the equivalent of 55p.)

Finally, health concerns.... You're going to get cancer or you're not. Fair, there are things we do in life that can heighten the chance of contracting it but, like many others have already said, I know people knocking into their 80's and even 90's who've smoked since basically childhood who still don't have it and, equally, I've met people who got cancer even though they led a healthy lifestyle with a lovely, organic diet. It's all genetic. We'll never beat mother nature.

The cancer gene is in all of us.

It's just a lottery if it gets 'activated'
There is nothing you can do to stop it or prevent it.

My gran smoked for 70 years and she's now 101 and still going!

Crack on with life, and if it happens, it happens. Deal with it then.

No need to worry about it today.

Back
Top Bottom