Vape Superstore
What's new

Giving up the fags won't actually prevent Cancer

hopfully this info will help discourage first time smokers
Not meaning to be confrontational at all but I'm with Lord Grim on this.

Typically first time smokers are kids, who are immortal.... nothing will stop a kid trying something they fancy apart from the curse of just being a dull human, which IMO is worse than dying of cancer 30 years hence.

If my daughter doesn't try hallucinogens of some kind in her early adulthood I'll see that as my failure to inspire a sense of adventure and the confidence that she'll make her way through it just fine; kids should experiment and be curious, the ones that don't are destined for a dull life being careful, obediant and conforming.

Last edited:
Smoore
I knew smoking was harmful before I started at age ten - it didn't stop me.

And you could live the cleanest life known to man and still end up with cancer. Smoking may increase the risk but the risk is still there. There is no such thing as a risk free life.

Chris ya really don't want ya kid trying them kinda things do ya ?

Vape Green
Chris ya really don't want ya kid trying them kinda things do ya ?
I kind of see where @Chris Coffee is coming from. My only child is just ten months old, and I (at 39 years old, I'm not a young muppet) am protective as feck toward her, as a dad should be.
However, I accept that she's going to, at some point, experience the joys and despair that life offer. My job as I see it, isn't to stop her having those experiences and stop her development as the person she's destined to be, it's to stop those experiences from harming her.
Bans and punishment are just the easiest (and therefore laziest) way of ensuring safety in the short term, but don't leave any lasting message or lesson.
As an easy example, I'm perfectly happy for my baby to hurt herself while she's learning to be mobile, but not to damage herself....

Last edited:
Innokin
AcmeFog
Just seen on the news about some research on tobacco smokings effects on mutations of cells. It said that it caused irreversable mutation of dna in cells mostly in the lungs but some in the larynx,mouth and also a few in the bladder and liver. It spoke of a women who had given up smoking 17 years but had this year developed lung cancer due to the mutations caused in the past. This is a scary thing for us vapers who have give up smoking as all it does is lower the amount of DNA mutations that can cause cancerous cells from growing. The mutations may already have caused a problem which will appear in the future.

I have read the same thing and in truth getting any form of the big C is a lottery for us all young and old , smoker or nonsmoker , I started vaping a little over a month a go and am loving it , wish I had started years ago for me now it's about the flavours and I can feel the difference in myself already after stopping my 30 a day 37 year habit as for one day developing some form of the big C well with the habit I had plus being a mechanic for 25 years ( witch out of all the uk trades has the highest rate of developing the big C ) I'm just going to live life to the full with my kids and grand kids [emoji4][emoji4]

Every single person in the world has the cancer gene in them when they're born.

It is just a matter of IF that gene gets activated or not.

Some people can smoke for years and die of a heart attack at 95, others never smoke, get lung cancer and die at 40.

As posted earlier, it's a total lottery.

Elux
It is interesting to know that the mutation is unreversible, but can't say am not surprised with 2000 chemicals that we don't just grow extra fingers on each hand, sadly everything in life is known to give you some kind of deadly illness.... so the best way in life is to enjoy things as they come, stick your finger up and fight whatever comes your way and take life with a pinch of salt! Don't live in fear because of some nonsense newspaper article .....properly some reversed physiology to make you think oh 'I've already done the damage let go and buy cigarettes'

Back
Top Bottom