What's new

Mesh in a origen v2 mk2 6ml

As in, grab the cotton using the tiny gap underneath the coil? Right! That makes perfect sense. My cotton is basically twisted tight, as I'm kind of screwing it down into the tank. Then I guess as it gets all juiced up, it gets even tighter

Epic. Going to give that a whirl, I have tweezers like that too

One Q as I'm writing, but is it possible to take the glass cover off whilst the build is in place? So as to pull the cotton through? Actually I can't see how that would be possible thinking about it
You can take the glass off, makes threading easier. You might have to re-wick mid tank though.

Some use the twisty method.

That's exactly the video I had been following! And having zero success with :(

Following your advice at present though, so far so good

How would you rate the tank flavourwise against anything else? My go to is a Kayfun V5 or a Rose V3

I've got the exact same Origen on the way from China @f1erce and I've decided to go with mesh and cotton as per this old Rip Tripper video.

The air hole needs to be lined up with the coil.

Well that's a whole brave new world

How does the juice get up to the coil? Or does it not need to?

They are capable of equaling a Kayfun5, maybe even surpassing with two coils. I would say also surpassing when used with mesh for tobaccos.

I'm not sure about that Rip Trippers method, I tried it once wasn't amazing. I use mesh for the real cotton/coil gunkers, and reintroducing cotton seems to render that pointless.

I use the large holes, with a 3.5mm straw-in-straw. The outer of #200 and the inner of #200sf. I cut the bottom at a 45° angle. There are two schools of thought with mesh: the tank needs to be able to breathe. That can either happen around the wick, or down the centre of the wick. I like really wide wicks that can breathe down the centre. I'm in a minority though.

They are capable of equaling a Kayfun5, maybe even surpassing with two coils. I would say also surpassing when used with mesh for tobaccos.

I'm not sure about that Rip Trippers method, I tried it once wasn't amazing. I use mesh for the real cotton/coil gunkers, and reintroducing cotton seems to render that pointless.

I tend to agree. I'm hoping eventually to do away with the need to rewick when changing juice - just a dry burn and wash and leave to dry. Is this possible using just mesh ?

I tend to agree. I'm hoping eventually to do away with the need to rewick when changing juice - just a dry burn and wash and leave to dry. Is this possible using just mesh ?
Absolutely. I've been using the same setup for 6 months in my Le Zephr

Interesting. As well as the Origen I also ordered the SJMY Le Zephyr from Fasttech, so I'll be driving myself insane fiddling with mesh in the near future. https://www.fasttech.com/product/5992300

I liked the look of the simple clear deck on the Le Zephyr, a bit like the AC9 that Rip was showing in the video.
I was about to give up on mesh. Couldn't get on the the Nextgen or Nextiny. So I figured I'd use something that could use cotton if mesh didn't work out. I made my first wick using the bar that comes with it, still using it now. Never had a dry hit. Only gennie I trust out of the house. I don't think I ever put cotton in it. I did buy an ultem tank for it, so I could see how much juice I had....

Big wicks FTW!

Back
Top Bottom