What's new

Had to call an ambulance....

oldman82

Postman
Had to call an ambulance at 5 in the morning ,i'd been up all night in front of the computer and also vaping all day from the moment i woke up.
I was suddenly overcome with pains in my my arms,cold hands and a burning sensation in my windpipe from top to bottom.
I also started sweating heavily ,the cold clammy uncomfortable type of sweating.
I thought i was having a heart attack ,completely freaked me out.
I'd also had the same arm pain and soreness in my windpipe earlier in the day on the way from the shops.
Anyway after about an hours worth of tests i was given the all clear .

Though now i'm thinking should i be vaping non-stop from the moment i wake up.
I was also thinking did i catch some bug or something from the vape tank.
So still not sure what caused it , probably a combination of things.
Sitting cross-legged for hours in front of the computer probably doesn't help.

I vape 3mg nicotine ,could it be nicotine poisoning ?

Last edited:
I used to vape 18mg chain vaping all day long only issues I had was headache and sore chest and throat. Don't quote me on this but I think you would have to consume a fair amount of nicotine to get poisoning. Might be worth mixing some 0mg wen you are having a long session to see if it helps.

Don't wanna sound flippant but it sounds like a flu/cold to me. If the hosp have said nothing is wrong and didn't make any other suggestions then my advice would be to rest up, drink plenty of fluids, take paracetamol/ibruprofen/painkiller of choice to ease the muscle pain and control your temperature. If you still feel unwell in a weeks time or get worse then seek further medical advice.
A bit confused as to why on earth you think it would be anything to do with vaping. What did they say at the hospital?

Think the hospital staff would have picked up on any poisoning symptoms, try a little less chainvapecrossleggedscreenstaring and get some exercise and drink water and remember to eat and stretch and stuff ... you'll enjoy your vape more too ;)

Had to call an ambulance at 5 in the morning ,i'd been up all night in front of the computer and also vaping all day from the moment i woke up.
I was suddenly overcome with pains in my my arms,cold hands and a burning sensation in my windpipe from top to bottom.
I also started sweating heavily ,the cold clammy uncomfortable type of sweating.
I'd also had the same arm pain and soreness in my windpipe earlier in the day on the way from the shops.

Could be a few things, i do doubt 3mg nic would cause it as i do the same thing vape all day 3 mg. It maybe something in the Juice if its not your regular juice ie a certain flavour or maybe a high pg i get a horrible sensation off high PG feels like i have run a marathon at top speed and my lungs feel so on fire with irritation from PG. Citrus flavours can also give me the same feeling if i vape them a lot. I love lime flavoured stuff but can't vape it much. So may be one of the 2 things here

Hi mate, that is bloody scary, I am glad you are out of the hospital now and hope you feel much better.

I really do doubt vaping had anything to do with it, I am not a Dr by any means but it could be a few things I am aware of, from a severe anxiety attack, even to Angina, or you have something as mentioned like the Flu or an infection, but the hospital and Dr will be the people to give you a diagnosis.

The burning sensation in your windpipe I can't explain, but again I am not a Dr, I know this is not much help but never like to hear someone is this ill.

I did used to get severe tingling in my hands, the sweats, freaked out, and all other sorts of things-but I was a alcoholic, 7AM till bedtime drinking and this was through withdrawal.
I do get pains if I sit cross legged for a long time, if you do enjoy spending time on the computer I suggest getting up from time to time just to stretch your legs.

It does not sound like nicotine poisoning, and vaping 3MG I highly doubt it is that- even vaping at extremely high wattages with huge clouds, which is not my normal type of vaping, 3MG never has caused me any problems in the slightest.

I really hope you can get to the bottom of the problem, and hopefully it was just a funny turn that never happens again.

Weird, but kinda does sound like too much nic in a way. I've definitely had that before. Not to that extreme though, and as others have said at 3mg sounds unlikely, also would happen straight away I think, where as it sounds like you'd gone to bed and then woken up.

Also sounds more like severe heartburn than vaping related tbh.

Glad your feeling better. But think back to smoking. Would you be feeling great after being awake at your computer chain smoking for twenty four hours.
I've had to check myself lately. I used to minimize my smoking by the fact I could only afford so many a day but with eliquid I haven't got that insensitive to stop. So try and be conscious of what your vaping a little more. Have some breaks and fresh air.
Good luck.

Glad your feeling better. But think back to smoking. Would you be feeling great after being awake at your computer chain smoking for twenty four hours.
I've had to check myself lately. I used to minimize my smoking by the fact I could only afford so many a day but with eliquid I haven't got that insensitive to stop. So try and be conscious of what your vaping a little more. Have some breaks and fresh air.
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies .
I kidded myself a half hour walk to the high street once a day would be enough exercise :)
I do think it was more related to my inactivity and sitting crosslegged way too much.
I was thinking about how much time i sit like that and it pretty much covers most of my waking hours.
Time goes very quick in front of the computer and i think i've reached unhealthy levels of inactivity.
I might take the advice of the ambulance lady and find some volunteer work to do or maybe a part-time job.
I have calmed down a bit with the vaping as i was chain-vaping a bit too much i think.
I had already cut down to 3mg nicotine a while ago but maybe chainvaping various e-liquids non-stop is not the best way.

I find if I smoke too much menthol I get chest pains. At first I was looking at virtually any other reason than my vape but it suddenly became very obvious so now avoiding menthol and can chain vape with no side effects (apart from thirst).

Back
Top Bottom