What's new

Shop bought juice or DIY?

What is stopping you switching from shop bought juice to DIY at home?

• I don't want to

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I don't know how to make my own juice

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don't want to wait for juices to steep

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don't think it's any cheaper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..... (Tell us in the comments)

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
I've not got much experience with FA concentrates so just wondering how authentic you find their fruit flavours? I like fruity flavours BUT I hate artificial tasting fruit flavours - can rarely eat anything like that and vaping them flips my stomach. I often find that fruit concentrates and even premixed 'premium' juices with fruit have a candied sweetness to them which tastes 'musty' to me when I'm looking for the sharp, almost tart, natural fruit high note that for me gives fruit its naturally sweet ripe taste. Dunno if I'm explaining myself very well but hoping you'll get what I'm driving at and can tell me how the FA fruit concentrates compare to the 'real' thing :)
If you're looking for authentic fruits I'd definitely recommend FA's line. I've only tried Bilberry, Forest Mix and Fuji but all 3 really come across as authentic to me and can easily handle themselves in a single flavour mix. Their other concentrates that I have tried are all fantastic as well and come across as very authentic and with the added bonus of being super concentrated will last much longer than the likes of CAP and TFA. HIC has a pretty substantial collection of flavour notes on FA which you can pick up for free or a donation from her website here; http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html

There is room for all of it

most (but not all .. especially not these days, now it has become bigger business) of us vendors started out as Home DIYers .. without .. a. lot of us would not exist.

I know what the next question will be and the answer is still "No .. not at the minute"

What I want to see is vendors releasing the recipes of the failed, and discontinued lines, rather than keeping everything closed source.

Or, can't they because they didnt formulate it themselves, and get a 3rd party company to send them premixed concentrates to add to a base.

most (but not all .. especially not these days, now it has become bigger business) of us vendors started out as Home DIYers .. without .. a. lot of us would not exist.

I know what the next question will be and the answer is still "No .. not at the minute"

IMG_1500.GIF

What I want to see is vendors releasing the recipes of the failed, and discontinued lines, rather than keeping everything closed source.

Or, can't they because they didnt formulate it themselves, and get a 3rd party company to send them premixed concentrates to add to a base.

I think its entirely up to the vendor if they want to release recipes of their own lines, failed or not

Im fairly certain it cant be demanded.

for a start if they have a line that they discontinue, they may wish to release it in a one shot concentrate form - its what I would do.

Frankly if you demanded a recipe from me - I'd tell you to bollocks.

Might be a different scenario if you asked nicely.

as to the "do they get someone else to do it" thing ... does it matter ? it may just be they don't want to tell you their recipes. - and anyway, if you cant make your own recipes up - its not like there isnt a multitude of recipe sites out there where you can get recipes from.

is there not enough choice for you at present ?

I agree,

For me I see the DIY and Vendors Juice a little like home brewing beer and wine..

Sometimes I fancy a bottle of Chateaux Neuf de Pape and other times I'll just crack on with some home brew Dandilion and burdock.

I enjoy my DIY juice and it's as good as some so called premium juice but there are other premium juices I cannot get close to so I buy it.

That's about all there is to it for me likes.

cheers

Gaz

I can totally understand why a vendor would not want to release their recipe. It would be professional suicide.

People rave over my lasagne but I'm not going to reveal that my secret ingredient is milk........oh bollocks!

Back
Top Bottom