What's new

The Rise of Pod Systems

dansus

Achiever
Im sure many of you have seen the introduction of various advanced closed pod systems lately, with PAX kicking things off with their JUUL ecig. In response to the FDA regs, others have jumped on board with the Wismec MyJet, Vape Forward CYNC and XOLO by XOLO. Add to the list, Erlkonigen's My.VON ERL and JWells BŌ ecig plus others heading up the Euro side of things.

All have prefilled pods with house juice and some offer pods from well know juice company's like Cuttwood. The only one i know so far that offers user refillable pods is the MyJet, although almost all of them can be refilled without too much trouble.

I have the My.VON ERL on hand and can say its a great experience, vape quality is very good, as is flavour and its been great to have such a small, versatile device on hand to use on any occasion.

One aspect of the JUUL is the nicotine it uses, called nicotine salts, which is supposed to have a nic hit closer to tobacco. I havent tried it yet, but i have ordered some premade nic salt juice and DIY 72mg nicotines salts from Nude in the US and will report back.

Anyone tried any of the devices mentioned, heard of any more and what do make of these devices. Next big thing?

Von-Erl-My.jpg

Last edited:
This looks like it will be pharma' s preferred method. Far more easily controlled. These will flood in next I reckon. But which company will be first to link hands with Johnson and Johnson's, Bayer ext.

Some may decided to go that route, but i would imagine Pharma will have their own plans/designs that cater less for the enthusiast market.

Really been wanting to get a Wismec Myjet, but in the meantime picked up an Eleaf ICare. Though not technically a 'closed system' I have to say it's brilliant.

I normally vape in 3mg, but use a 12mg for the ICare

Really been wanting to get a Wismec Myjet, but in the meantime picked up an Eleaf ICare. Though not technically a 'closed system' I have to say it's brilliant.

I normally vape in 3mg, but use a 12mg for the ICare
Im thinking of ordering one direct from their US store, $30 to post though.. Will wait till after Vape Expo in Birmingham to see if my local can get some. If the Dotmod version is available, they should stock it as they were the first UK store to sell Dotmods stuff.

I tried the iCare, didnt like the mouth piece, too big.

Im thinking of ordering one direct from their US store, $30 to post though.. Will wait till after Vape Expo in Birmingham to see if my local can get some. If the Dotmod version is available, they should stock it as they were the first UK store to sell Dotmods stuff.

I tried the iCare, didnt like the mouth piece, too big.

Would definitely wait for Expo.

Think the trend will be for people to carry around a small closed system type device with a higher nic, in addition to their go-to mod.

Certainly looks like next year will be about closed systems. I hope shops offer a good selection of them and carry the juice pods to refill.

Don't quite mind the ICare mouthpiece feel, but more the slightly off-centre hole that takes a bit of adjusting to.

Sounds about right, Pbusardo called it a 'companion device'. I just wanted something discreet to easily mainline my nic salts. :D

I have no doubt these could be incredibly popular with new users and those who use pen type ecigs and have never bothered upgrading to anything more.

One of my first ecigs nearly 4 years ago had disposable prefilled inserts. Very basic and simple but really quite limited and the prefilled inserts were ridiculously expensive for a tiny amount of liquid and a capsule that cost pence :(. As a DTL vaper I was very quickly looking to improve the vape I was getting and my first tube mod and the best atty I could find at that time and many more followed fairly soon thereafter lol :). Devices like that just don't meet the cut for some!!

For those who want their devices to have maximum convenience and ease of use they'll probably be ideal :). Many could well find them lacking though and limited. Disposable sealed pods can often be quite a bit more expensive in the long run as well, as you're paying for a tiny pod of liquid and the pod itself (ultimately worth pence, but I bet they're not cheap). They definitely have a market but in a way it's a massive step backwards to 4 + years ago compared to what else is on the market now lol ;).

Each to their own however :D. If it keeps people off tobacco and it does the job for them, that's fine by me ;). I just don't like the means as to how these devices are coming back :(. It's a bit shyte really.

Think whats attractive about these to newbies and old hands alike is the vape quality is much better than the old disposables and pods systems. Plus they are all pretty easy to refill with your own juice, either by design or a bit of handy work.

Back
Top Bottom