What's new

Attention cat lovers

what about dogs are they safe?
The article implies that only cats are at risk due to their 'specific weakness' to Heinz body anaemia. However it looks like that this is the same as haemolytic anaemia which can be caused by feeding onions and is also a risk to dogs (amongst other animals).

"Hemolytic anemia that results from the consumption or oral administration of onions has been reported in cattle, sheep, horses, cats, and dogs" http://vet.sagepub.com/content/22/4/387.full.pdf

Personally I think there's a degree of scaremongering in the article - its doubtful that vaping around your cat or dog is gonna be more harmful than cigarette smoke and most people aren't such jerks that they deliberately blow smoke or vapour into their pet's face anyway. As for keeping them away from the juice...well duh...people should be doing that to start with if they've got half a braincell.

Yawnnnnnn
No proof, no data.
Worse than tobacco for a cat? Did big pharmaceutical issue warnings about cats ingesting formaldehyde?

Cant believe this needs discussion... common sense says ALL SUBSTANCES are harmful unless proven otherwise!

Must stop letting the grandkids play with my razors....even though there was no mention of it on the boxes !

How long does it take to work!!! I put my old juices in the Cats food Three Hours ago and and it's sitting on the couch opposite me licking it's Tea Towel Holder!!!
It will be your turn soon...

When I was a kid the vet used to worm the dog with tobacco. But if true the wife has many cats. Maybee I should fire up the goon.

If your cat comes into contact with PG immediately put it in the bath.

*DISCLAIMER The cat featured in this image is an actor and was not harmed during the making of this public announcement*
1476011828919.jpg

Very good to know! I generally keep him away from anything he might be tempted to eat, although this does include cardboard boxes.

One more thing - cats are very bad in metabolizing scent. It is something of an anomaly with them and highly scented environments can give them liver damage.

That isn't just related to e-cigs, also air fresheners and Plug Ins should be avoided around cats. I learned that when I did my cosmetics course, so Mr Cat is always banned outside while I am pouring Candles or when I make soap (also because most people don't appreciate finding cat hair in their produce). Plug Ins and Joss sticks are the worst for them, Febreeze is ok-ish, as long as you don't spray it where they sleep. (if your cat is anything like mine, that means you can only Frebreeze the bath tub)

Personally, I detest air fresheners. Chemical garbage. If I use anything (and that's rarely) I do use incense cones, usually Frankinscense but my living room is well ventilated as I keep snakes too and I'm always mindful of what might affect them. My snakes are "knocking on a bit", some are over 15 years old. My eldest cats are 18 and 16 respectively. My oldest cat (a Tortoiseshell and white very similar to the one from the OP) was 22, almost 23 when she passed due to old age.

Juice I keep in an area where the cat's aren't allowed and in a cupboard. Seems that the vapes I've got are non-spill as well :)

Back
Top Bottom