What's new

App question

crunchynut

Achiever
Calling all mods and that's not the mech ones or dna200's
I just wanted to know is there somewhere on the POTV app that will tell me quotes and tags to me. I do use the app but I always switch for this and Tapatalk mainly coz Tapatalk has a page split in two "You and Subscriptions" YOU I get to see all quotes, tags and likes ect..
Subscriptions well that's explanatory (if that's the right word.

So do we have one or can we have one

Thanks [emoji2] [emoji106]
Screenshot_2016-09-30-05-59-50.png

If your on the iOS app the notifications have not worked since the updates a long while back... @junglist has been on to them but the dont seem to do anything about it.... TBH I used the app a lot until notifications stopped and the only suggestions I had were to use a browser to view the planet when mobile...Thats the only way at the moment I can access notifications making the app pretty defunct .... Delete time me thinks.

iOS notifications have been working (at least for me) for quite a while now, cpl of months at least

Yup, work for me on the iPad as well. Just got another update to go through shortly @city461 - the last one kept getting knocked back due to the mixing calc android app link being on the forum somewhere. I removed a few references in the hope it would get them to push it through but they weren't having it. So if you can see any references to the Android App when using the iOS app let me know and I can remove them and try again.

To be honest Tapatalk have pissed me and @OccultScientist off massively, they ripped a load of content from here and hosted it on their site a month or so ago, only got them to take it down by threatening legal action, first time I have ever been driven to that point. I really want to move us away from the Tapatalk app iOS and Android) but really want to find an alternative before we do.

There is another option - it's the forum in a wrapper in an app, so it looks more like the forum when you look at it in a browser on your mobile but you do get the push notifications. If you search for "The Admin Zone" in your app store and install that one you will see what I mean.

@city461 @tobywonkanobi - they will do us a demo of this, do you want to try it? If so let me have your device UDID (http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iphone/how-find-out-your-iphone-or-ipad-udid-3530239/) via PM and I will get a demo set up and we can try it.

@crunchynut - I thought there was one on the Android App for notifications, so that you could see all quotes, mentions etc. I can't see one on mine now, not sure where that has gone! Again, the new app I am talking about does have all of that. So are you using the main Tapatalk app as well as the POTV Tapatalk app and you have to go over to the main Tapatalk one to see all notifications?

@crunchynut - I thought there was one on the Android App for notifications, so that you could see all quotes, mentions etc. I can't see one on mine now, not sure where that has gone! Again, the new app I am talking about does have all of that. So are you using the main Tapatalk app as well as the POTV Tapatalk app and you have to go over to the main Tapatalk one to see all notifications?
Correct pal I flick from both tapatalk and POTV app Tapatalk to get notifications I use a Galaxy S5 so yes I'm using Android and 9o% of the time I use my phone with being at work or if I can ever get on it I'll use a laptop but that's not often. The app you mentioned can I use that

iOS notifications started working shortly after the last update and then dropped off to nothing again, I get no notifications whatsoever
Only emails for pm's and even then they are very slow at coming through

@junglist. No testing for me I'm afraid. [emoji53] I don't have a computer to plug the phone into so don't think I can get my UDID. [emoji30] Sorry...

Cheers @tobywonkanobi - no problem mate. I have just had a recollection of the last time you went near a computer :D

@TheTartanSpartan - fancy helping test an iPhone app for us? If so chuck us your UDID! If not does anyone else with an iPhone or iPad fancy checking it out? If not then just me and City461. The people who provide the service will give us a test app that we can try for a week. Due to the way iOS works they will add three specific Apple devices that can try the app but as many Android users can try it so will definitely give you a shout @crunchynut - will be great to get a few people trying it. It should be a better experience than the current app I reckon and as long and the push notifications work the it could be a great route out of tapatalk for us.

Correct pal I flick from both tapatalk and POTV app Tapatalk to get notifications I use a Galaxy S5 so yes I'm using Android and 9o% of the time I use my phone with being at work or if I can ever get on it I'll use a laptop but that's not often. The app you mentioned can I use that
In case you've not tried it, the Dolphin browser for Android is very fast for POTV, I tend to use the app but occasionally need to use a browser to see the forum and I reckon Dolphin does a good job.

Back
Top Bottom