What's new

Anyone with an Aromamizer ?

Well, I couldn't wait till the weekend so got home and set to work.
As @Mr Numpty suggested I've put two 28gauge coils in and it's come to 0.82 ohms. Running 27.5 watts through it with two air holes and flavour has improved drastically. This pfvapes Karma Frappe is lovely :)
Anyway, is that enough power or will more give me even better flavour. I'm reluctant to ramp it up too much and burn my coil and wick out :hmm:

As @Mr Numpty suggested I've put two 28gauge coils in and it's come to 0.82 ohms. Running 27.5 watts through it with two air holes and flavour has improved drastically. This pfvapes Karma Frappe is lovely :)
Anyway, is that enough power or will more give me even better flavour. I'm reluctant to ramp it up too much and burn my coil and wick out :hmm:

Nice one, glad you're having a bit more success with it. No real idea about what specific wattage you can go to as I'm one of those weird TC vapers where wattage means very little. Pretty sure it's just a case of increasing to where you like the vape you're getting. It may come to a point where the vape is too hot or your wicking doesn't keep up, at which point you have discovered the limits of that particular set up.

Have you tried TC vaping yet, Mick? I ask because a 2.5mm ID, dual horizontal, 8 wrap 29 gauge NiFe30 build in this is absolutely glorious and from reading your preferences, I believe it would be right up your street. The vape is so smooth and stable, the taste so clean and, by varying the temp setting, can be tailored to your heart's desire. I rotate through the various TC wires at each coil change and today saw the return of the above set up. As I started to vape it, I immediately thought of you (so here I am :D). It's a truly sublime vape on the Aromamizer.
TC coiling and wicking does take a little bit of relearning from wattage mode builds, but the rewards are well worth it. I'd be happy to send you some NiFe30 if you'd like to give it a whirl.

Have you tried TC vaping yet, Mick? I ask because a 2.5mm ID, dual horizontal, 8 wrap 29 gauge NiFe30 build in this is absolutely glorious and from reading your preferences, I believe it would be right up your street. The vape is so smooth and stable, the taste so clean and, by varying the temp setting, can be tailored to your heart's desire. I rotate through the various TC wires at each coil change and today saw the return of the above set up. As I started to vape it, I immediately thought of you (so here I am :D). It's a truly sublime vape on the Aromamizer.
TC coiling and wicking does take a little bit of relearning from wattage mode builds, but the rewards are well worth it. I'd be happy to send you some NiFe30 if you'd like to give it a whirl.
@Mr Numpty . I haven't ventured down the tc route yet but I dare say it'll happen one day.
I'm slowly preparing for it by getting mods that have TC mode. I have an RX200 at the moment and have a very flashy Vapedroid DNA 75watt on the way from Gearbest, I just couldn't resist it, was a great price.:D DNA !!!!! What have I done :grin2: Also my old istick 20 that I use for work is becoming very dodge 510 thread wise so had another weak moment of shinyitus and ordered an iPower 80 watt to replace it and more.;)

@Mr Numpty . I haven't ventured down the tc route yet but I dare say it'll happen one day.
I'm slowly preparing for it by getting mods that have TC mode. I have an RX200 at the moment and have a very flashy Vapedroid DNA 75watt on the way from Gearbest, I just couldn't resist it, was a great price.:D DNA !!!!! What have I done :grin2: Also my old istick 20 that I use for work is becoming very dodge 510 thread wise so had another weak moment of shinyitus and ordered an iPower 80 watt to replace it and more.;)
Ooh, Vapedroid DNA75, NiFe30 and RDTA, a match made in heaven. ;) PM me you address anytime if you'd like the wire, it would be my pleasure.

I'm suddenly finding that my coils (approx 0.4ohms) are going haywire. Out of the blue the resistance changes to anywhere between 2.5 down to 0.7ohms.

I've tried it one different mods and they all give the same reading so I know its the tank. I've fiddled with the centre screw underneath, tightenin g it did no good, lossening it a bit seemed to have brought it back down to earth and what it should be. Hopefully that's done the trick, if not, anyone have an idea what this could be?

Are the screws securing the wire all tight? Has a wire snapped? Is any wire touching the chamber walls?

Are the screws securing the wire all tight? Has a wire snapped? Is any wire touching the chamber walls?
Yes no and no. The coil is less than a day old and it's happened on more than one tank which is why I originally thought the mod was throwing up bad resistances. Still behaving after loosening the centre screw though so i'm hopeful it was that. thank you for the inpout though, those were things I didn;t think of checking.

Back
Top Bottom