What's new

vaping-in-the office - relaxed or tense

Nobody is saying otherwise, that would be a ludicrous state of affairs, much like saying that an employee can do whatever they like on the premises and in the time that their employer pays them for would also be ludicrous, employees have rights, so do employers, is vaping an essential employee right within the workplace, during working time? Explain how so?

'is vaping an essential employee right within the workplace, during working time? Explain how so?' the 'right' is not something that needs to be proved by an employee, to assume that a business owner owns the right to tell an employee to do this or that is not something that is inate. You seem to think that because you work for a company, they pretty much own you during your working hours. This is an attitude that some employers would love to own. But they do not 'own' anyone.

My employer 'owns' me during the hours that I am contracted to work. If he tells me to conduct something within the remit of my duties, then I do it. Have I got a right to smoke, eat or drink outside of the allocated breaks, to put it simply, NO. Now I am incredibly lucky that I am allowed to vape at work, but if he was to say no, then I would have to respect these wishes. Its his rules, plain and simple. If I didnt like it, then there is nothing stopping me from leaving my employment.

No different when I enter a pub, its only courtesy or manners to ask if I am allowed to vape, if I get declined, I take my business elsewhere, its as simple as that. Its no biggy, and certainly nothing to get hot under the collar about.

Hey Will, I can see what you are trying to say here and yes its unfair but the Boss owns the company and often its their rules. However you should try and sit down with the management and try to talk to them. If your work colleges are cool with you vaping then perhaps see if they can back you up to allow you to vape.

I would also ask the community to carry on helping and Will, they guys here are a good bunch and will try and have a laugh at the same time. Dont take it to heart and try and see the bright side.

Keep up the good fight and let us know what happens.

insult-warning.jpg

'is vaping an essential employee right within the workplace, during working time? Explain how so?' the 'right' is not something that needs to be proved by an employee, to assume that a business owner owns the right to tell an employee to do this or that is not something that is inate. You seem to think that because you work for a company, they pretty much own you during your working hours. This is an attitude that some employers would love to own. But they do not 'own' anyone.

Please refrain from telling me what I think, or as I like to put it, twisting my words to suit your own point of view.
When you are employed, there is a contract, written or otherwise, an agreement, as Andy points out, if you do not like the terms, you can bring that agreement to an end in what way you see fit, and seek a new agreement elsewhere more conducive to how you feel the world should treat you.

Will this is your only warning, the next time you verbally attack one of the POTV mods/admins you will be banned.

What I am outraged about though is not being allowed to masturbate in churches!

Have you considered stealthing?... with the use of a false arm down the sleeve of your jumper to free up your actual arm for ...erm.. other purposes.

Just one word of caution though, try to reign in facial expressions as this can give you away and defeat the purpose of stealthing..... or so I'm told (ahem).

Back
Top Bottom